Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Dades wrote: »
    ^^
    I gave up Catholicism for Lent nearly 20 years ago and managed to stay off it ever since. :)

Would you not even let yourself have a bit of an aul pray on Paddys day?!?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I gave up Catholicism for Lent nearly 20 years ago and managed to stay off it ever since
    Just a phase you're going through, my son!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

One night a burglar is trying to break into a house. He's sneaking across the lawn when he hears a voice - "Jesus is watching you!" He jumps, turns around, but he doesn't see anything. So he starts creeping across the lawn again. "Jesus is watching you!" He hears it again. So now the burglar is really looking around, and he sees a parrot in a cage by the side of the house. He says to the parrot, "Did you say that?" The parrot answers "Yes I did." So the burglar asks, "What's your name?" The parrot says "Clarence." The burglar says "What kind of stupid idiot would name his parrot Clarence?" The parrot laughs and says, "The same stupid idiot that named his Rottweiler 'Jesus' "

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Would you not even let yourself have a bit of an aul pray on Paddys day?!?
    Maybe if it's injury time in Twickenham and we need an O'Geara drop-goal to beat England by a point. ;)

Maybe if it's injury time in Twickenham and we need an O'Geara drop-goal to beat England by a point. ;)

'No atheists in rugby grounds'

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote: »
    Grumble, grumble, Stade de France, grumble, grumble, pitch unplayable, grumble grumble...

424067_289438177788563_100001671499237_761891_1583070408_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

2012-02-22_Stx_JesusVsBuddha.png

biko wrote: »

ZOMG slick moves! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

nXYje.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

posted one like this before but hell it just gets weirder.

Mormons baptize Anne Frank post mortem.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/21/mormons-posthumous-baptism-anne-frank_n_1292102.html

I guess Disney can make that animated movie of her life now without the fear of Walt coming back to life and killing them all

disney__s_anne_frank_by_andrewdickman-d4mk4q0_6183.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_lzu0k38czv1qee77ko1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lzu1677d3V1r90tgq
    tumblr_lztwpm07c01r90tgq

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭muppeteer

3YUuD.png

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    posted one like this before but hell it just gets weirder.

Mormons baptize Anne Frank post mortem.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/21/mormons-posthumous-baptism-anne-frank_n_1292102.html

I've heard about stuff like this before. Just what exactly are they trying to achieve by doing this?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

20120223.gif

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

^Some constants are totally multiples of ten. You just have to get creative with the units that's all:)

The speed of light is one foot per nanosecond......give or take:p

But I prefer the more practical 1.803 terafurlongs per fortnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

muppeteer wrote: »
    But I prefer the more practical 1.803 terafurlongs per fortnight.

Funny how even when just tooling around with pointless numbers Benford's Law still applies.

amacachi wrote: »
    Funny how even when just tooling around with pointless numbers Benford's Law still applies.
    Funny, but not unexpected, since scale invariance -- a property that arbitrary units possess -- implies Bendord's Law :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

robindch wrote: »
    Funny, but not unexpected, since scale invariance -- a property that arbitrary units possess -- implies Bendord's Law :)

I know it's a logical (and should be an obvious) given and all but it still put a little smile on my face when I notice it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

*me reading Scientific speak

dafuq-did-i-just-read_o_144532.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

There will be in Twickenham on the 17th! :D

MrP

amacachi wrote: »
    I know it's a logical (and should be an obvious) given and all but it still put a little smile on my face when I notice it.
    Some are more obvious than others. The exponentials I can get. The physical constants obeying however is freaky and I would love to know the driving link.

So if anyone knows of the unifying equation that links the physical constants please let a Dr S. Hawking know as he's been struggling for a few decades and could use the hint:)

MrPudding wrote: »
    There will be in Twickenham on the 17th! :D

MrP

I don't get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭sonicthebadger*

I don't get it?

That doesn't matter, just believing it is enough.

I don't get it?
    Atheists in rugby grounds?

Here's one:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I don't get it?
    The impact is lessening somewhat when it is explained, but as it is you I will give it a go.

You may not have realised it, but I am an atheist. Ireland are playing England, in Twickenham, in the last game on the Six Nations on St Patrick's day. I am lucky to be the recipient of some corporate hospitality for this event. So, I can safely say that on the 17th of March there will be at least one atheist in Twickenham.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

"It seems to me, that they only mention things in the bible, that were within a 5 mile radius, of the guy writing it."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

muppeteer wrote: »
    Some are more obvious than others. The exponentials I can get. The physical constants obeying however is freaky and I would love to know the driving link.

So if anyone knows of the unifying equation that links the physical constants please let a Dr S. Hawking know as he's been struggling for a few decades and could use the hint:)

Not sure of the equation but answer is 42 ;)

• Advertisement

MrPudding wrote: »
    The impact is lessening somewhat when it is explained, but as it is you I will give it a go.

You may not have realised it, but I am an atheist. Ireland are playing England, in Twickenham, in the last game on the Six Nations on St Patrick's day. I am lucky to be the recipient of some corporate hospitality for this event. So, I can safely say that on the 17th of March there will be at least one atheist in Twickenham.

MrP

Ah, and there was me thinking that the Ireland fans would simultaneously lose faith in god after receiving the wooden spoon!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement