Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

fitz0 wrote: »
    That 2 Kings 15:16 verse is pretty vicious.

So god is so loving he rips up pregnant women.

There is no context that can excuse this colossal piece of f*ckery.

NO! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!

He ripped them up metaphorically.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

But society was different back then. Ripping up pregnant women isn't relevant today...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Perhaps that's what religious people mean when they talk about having an "open heart"

:mad:

195394.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

^I laughed a little more at the fact that the quote came from someone called "cocklord" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭dmw07

maximoose wrote: »
    ^I laughed a little more at the fact that the quote came from someone called "cocklord" :pac:

Childish giggle of the day winner, robindch!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

advice-god-meme-generator-write-life-s-fundamental-laws-on-tablet-ignore-civilized-world-give-it-to-illiterate-farmers-in-the-middle-of-the-desert-to-promptly-lose-bb08df.jpg

Over in the Other Forum, antiskeptic posted a frankly unusual photo, one of a set of images sourced from here. The religious caption is "Forgiving others sets us free from emotional bondage, allowing us to move forward with his glorious plan".

Better caption anybody?

195521.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

'I'm telling you man, stick em in a tent and save time'.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

"So remember our deal: I carry your gun and backpack all the way, and you'll reunite me with the rest of the Jews"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

"The Jews killed me. Now, it's payback time..."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

robindch wrote: »
    Better caption anybody?

195521.jpg

"You didn't think you needed to bring a gun because you believe Jesus is on your side? How much ammo do you think I carry?"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Penn wrote: »
    "The Jews killed me. Now, it's payback time..."

"The Passion of the Christ 2: Crucify This"

:D
    2j13d3m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

6816413722_5b10e35962.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭sephir0th

wigflip-saywhat.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

195521.jpg
    "This is the kicker - most of my followers use you guys as an argument against atheism! I mean check out your belt - how sweet is that?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

195521.jpg
    Jebus: Thanks for being Catholic Hitler!
    Hitler: I serve only you.

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

195521.jpg

Jesus: I'm telling you, Zeus had the right idea. You didn't see him getting scourged, pillared and crucified. I mean do you have any idea how irritating it is to have one of the deities do their impression of me every year at my birthday party. "Oh God, why have you forsaken me? wah, wah, wah!!!!" One of these days I'm going to take Thor's hammer to one of them!!!

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

There is one context, God didn't do it.
    Now, I'm no fancy city lawyer.....
    But if you read the next line you will find that Menahem 'he did what was evil in the eyes of the Lord'.

If you like I can give you sixty episodes of violence from the bible but on this particular occasion you have got to find my client innocent.

All kidding aside, is there any value in flailing around with accusations so lacking in reason or historical or bible accuracy? You are doing yourself a disservice?

For example, what kind of catholic do you think Mr. Hitler above was? It wasn't just the Jewish people that the delightful little Austrian wanted to exterminate.

http://www.holocaustforgotten.com/non-jewishvictims.htm

Here's a quote from Einstein.

their devotion to the cause of truth; but, no, the universities immediately were silenced. Then I looked to the great editors of the newspapers whose flaming editorials in days gone by had proclaimed their love of freedom; but they, like the universities, were silenced in a few short weeks...

Only the Church stood squarely across the path of Hitler's campaign for suppressing truth. I never had any special interest in the Church before, but now I feel a great affection and admiration because the Church alone has had the courage and persistence to stand for intellectual truth and moral freedom. I am forced thus to confess that what I once despised I now praise unreservedly.

Taken from http://users.binary.net/polycarp/piusxii.html

Similarly, why bring up the subject of creationism to knock Catholicism when it has been accepted publicly for more than 70 years? Or for example, why suggest that the Big bang theory is a stumbling block when it was a Belgian priest and physics professor, George Lemaitre, who developed it? I even like his name for it, the Cosmic Egg theory!

Look I'm not saying that the central point of the forum here is not important, in fact I would suggest that every single accusation, criticism and damning fact directed against Christians should be investigated and highlighted. But I am suggesting that simple smear jobs, unfounded in fact, are an insult to the intelligence of reasonable atheists.

Am I just whistling Dixie here? Would you like me to help the forum with facts or is the antagonism towards organized religion too strong?

Maybe I'll just leave it at this for the moment, with a quote from the other Dude, the Buddha.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalama_Sutta

• Advertisement

Buzz_Killington.jpg

(some valid points, but even still. It's a humour thread, take it to another one tbh)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77483926&postcount=32

Can anyone find the Sura in the Qu'ran where Allah says that the Stealers of the Video Games shall be smitten??

tumblr_m0jrgg2eXK1r7rjefo1_500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

It was probably the fault of all those women going around wearing clothes that didn't look like a black hazmat suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

195521.jpg

"You paid how much? I could have got you the uniform for half that price, dude, and it would've fitted you"

tumblr_m0kd4uHxAm1qlh1nvo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Not religious, but I think you guys will like the latest from the NewYorker:

422380_10150587203308869_9258148868_9041396_1358580028_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

195521.jpg

"So you're saying all I have to do is carry your stuff for you and you'll bring me to a new camp site? Sweet."

• Advertisement

tumblr_m0lozd6fJH1rptoxto1_500.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement