Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 irishgandalf

4309_96087897848_507667848_1885705_279572_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

10 reasons why Superman is better than Jesus.
    1. Superman has saved the planet for destruction numerous times. Jesus has threatened to return and bring upon the end of the earth with him, but so far is a ****ing “no-show”.
    2. Jesus performed a few miracles, but Superman can shoot laser beams out of his eyes, he can fly, is indestructible, and can see through everything except lead. In one movie he turned back time. How awesome is that?
    3. Jesus may have died for your sins, but Superman died to protect us from an intergalactic killing machine called Doomsday.
    4. When Jesus died, he was resurrected 3 days later and then abruptly left, telling his disciples he’d be back within their lifetimes (an obvious lie). Superman died, was in stasis for a while, and emerged with long glorious 90’s hair. Unlike Jesus, however, Superman stuck around and has been busy keeping the world safe from evil.
    5. Although not a God, Superman still risks his life all the time trying to combat super villains. Jesus, on the other hand, is apparently all powerful, and yet refuses to do something as basic as healing amputees.
    6. Superman can move mountains. Jesus claims praying to him will accomplish the same feat, but no noticeable effects from prayer have ever been measured.
    7. Superman is an expert in dozens of languages, and is an accomplished journalist. Jesus never left any writings, or evidence of any of his works.
    8. Superman hooked up with the insanely hot Lois Lane, while the only women that showed any interest in Jesus were all prostitutes.
    9. Jesus said “But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me” (Luke 19:27). Superman, on the other hand, has a strict code of conduct that forbids him to kill anyone.
    10. If you fell out of your apartment window and cried for help, Superman would try and save you. Not only will Jesus not even bother to save you; he will send you to hell for all eternity if you don’t believe in him.
    Now some people may criticize me for this article, and they might be right: what’s the point in debating which fictional character is better, anyways?

http://www.thegoodatheist.net/2009/0...er-than-jesus/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Not really a joke as such, but does anyone find it funny when a christian uses the term "logical" in a discussion? Or is that just me...?

MrP

2637_1121924730467_1297533028_355604_4087475_n.jpg

• Advertisement

n569236056_2629652_4138259.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

Marriage according to the Bible:

EDIT: She's got a few other videos, Imagine if her and Pat Condell had a baby! :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Wouldn't that be an Unholy Marriage?

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

atheists1.jpg

It might have already been posted but I like this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

pts wrote: »
    EDIT: She's got a few other videos, Imagine if her and Pat Condell had a baby!

"i'm in the tackiest place in America that isn't a Roman Catholics living room"

brilliant :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Go to church each week and you're 5 times more likely to be a virgin.

http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/shortsharpscience/2009/06/who-is-the-40-year-old-virgin.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

2008-04-11-WaysFarTooMysterious.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

12jewjitsuf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

motivational-atheists-thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Galvasean wrote: »
    motivational-atheists-thumb.jpg

Aw, come on - that's already been posted on the same page!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Tsk! Schoolboy error, Galva! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Woops! If its any consoLATION, I found it when googling 'Imperial Guard Motivation'.

Alrighty, here's something I don't think has been posted before. If it has, it hasn't been in a while anyhow:
    ultimacenaqu9.jpg

Galvasean wrote: »
    Alrighty, here's something I don't think has been posted before. If it has, it hasn't been in a while anyhow:
    ultimacenaqu9.jpg

Naw, that one pretty much just rocks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

u_cant_haz_blood.jpg

2651_1093306662183_1512042104_249223_3905552_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Haha! Nice. Also I like the (very subtle) Harry Potter reference.

Ok, I've read it like twenty times looking for a HP reference and I've got nothing. So can someone please tell me what it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Ok, I've read it like twenty times looking for a HP reference and I've got nothing. So can someone please tell me what it is?

I think it's the birthday present list of bigdudley@freeserve.co.uk

sionnach wrote: »
    I think it's the birthday present list of bigdudley@freeserve.co.uk

Man, I wrote that nearly two years ago...

But yeah, I think that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Norway.jpg

Looks like the people over at Christianity Forum {with is ID=333 } don't like anything that points out the holes in their insanity logic, so I post this here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

We'd prefer if people didn't generalise about the Other Forum, there's all sorts in there. Appreciate the 'toon, though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

cid_3327939210_38890.jpg

"Um, Dad ... when you said I was going to get nailed, I didn't think you meant it literally ... ow. "

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement