Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

koth wrote: »
    From what I can see, yes they have. They removed the poem The New Colossus, which has the famous line, "give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses". Seems they want to close off the country to those type of people that originally moved to the country.

The church clearly gave no thought to their version of the statue.

EDIT: yep. they put the Ten Commandments on the tablet :rolleyes:

I am pretty sure I passed a version of this in Mississippi or Alabama in 2010 but it was in the middle of a crossroads not on a church

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

robindch wrote: »
    Remember that American fundie catholic who showed up in Dublin a while ago?

Well, here he is describing what's wrong with democracy:

No comments needed.

Alas, the ignorant don't understand the meaning of irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

shizz wrote: »
    I am at a loss as to how labelling it Christian could possibly make a difference in it's context?

I took a quick flick through it. Basically, every chapter talks about principles of Civil Engineering.

Oh, but at the beginning of every chapter, there's a Bible passage which doesn't seem to be even remotely related to anything in the chapter or Civil Engineering.

It's a complete scam of a book as far as I can see. Basically, every chapter is:
    "God loves us all" Bible 23:14

In order to design a bridge, the key structural elements are the...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭Worztron

epicurus-on-god

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

The World (Earth and unattached atmosphere) is neither rotating around its own axis nor orbiting the Sun. In reality the Sun, Stars and Moon are going around the Stationary, Spherical World just as observed and just as the Bible, Quran, and 1 Enoch say:

https://sites.google.com/site/earthdeception/

nF9aE.gif

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

DECEPTION!

inception_meme__1_.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

RAPE!!!

405362_10150710438328090_666323089_9529665_1753380716_n.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

robindch wrote: »
    Remember that American fundie catholic who showed up in Dublin a while ago?

Well, here he is describing what's wrong with democracy:

No comments needed.

damn aliens with their plots to bring down the US government :mad::p

Alien_Bounty_Hunter_TXF.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

1335255407309.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

I was going to say Michael Voris has the most punchable looking head on the planet.

However, on further inspection, I've discovered he has instead the most punchable looking haircut on the planet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

mehfesto wrote: »
    I was going to say Michael Voris has the most punchable looking head on the planet.

However, on further inspection, I've discovered he has instead the most punchable looking haircut on the planet.

Yep.

Michael-Voris.jpg

His whole skull looks like it's dislocated from his face. And then there's the insanity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

Also made this after reading the Sun on Sunday...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

mehfesto wrote: »
    Also made this after reading the Sun on Sunday...

I wonder do doctors etc. get annoyed when this happens?

medical-prayer.jpg?9d7bd4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

To be fair to Muamba:
    http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2012/04/16/Muamba-thanks-hospital-staff/gnid-138791/
    Bolton midfielder Fabrice Muamba has thanked staff at the London Chest Hospital after being discharged today.

The club and Barts Health NHS Trust announced the 24-year-old had left The London Chest Hospital on Monday.

He had been recovering in the east London hospital since suffering a cardiac arrest on the pitch during Bolton's FA Cup tie with Tottenham at White Hart Lane on March 17.

A spokesman for Barts Health NHS Trust said on Bolton's official website: "Barts Health can confirm that Fabrice Muamba has now been discharged following several weeks of treatment. All our staff wish him the very best in his ongoing recovery."

Muamba added: "I am naturally very pleased to be discharged from hospital and would like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to every single member of staff at The London Chest Hospital who have played a part in my care. "

Their dedication, professionalism and expertise is simply amazing and I will forever be in their debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I still get the impression that he is still giving his god 50% of the thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

did you not see the AH thread about this? turned into a right old cluster****.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Liamario wrote: »
    I still get the impression that he is still giving his god 50% of the thanks.
    Wouldn't surprise me if it was the way it was reported more than anything. God saving you is a lot more dramatic than doctors.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

tumblr_m2zz5ttn6T1qfju7wo1_400.jpg

tumblr_m2ztps7FPg1runca8o1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Wouldn't surprise me if it was the way it was reported more than anything. God saving you is a lot more dramatic than doctors.

Fair point... I guess ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I disagree. God can easily save anyone's life at any time. It's no challenge for him. A bunch of mortals on the other hand, now that's triumph over adversity!

• Advertisement

http://i.imgur.com/VIubN.jpg

Large pic. :cool:

Fellatio?

3qOYz.jpg

Now, if I could just persuade my wife. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Not a religious thing, but thought you folk might get a giggle out of this :D

tumblr_m32mpz1ocv1qizg3lo1_250.gif
    tumblr_m32mpz1ocv1qizg3lo2_250.gif
    tumblr_m32mpz1ocv1qizg3lo3_250.gif
    tumblr_m32mpz1ocv1qizg3lo4_250.gif
    tumblr_m32mpz1ocv1qizg3lo5_r1_250.gif
    tumblr_m32mpz1ocv1qizg3lo6_250.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

father brian d'arcy's columns are now run past a church censor before being published.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-17857980

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Stolen from YLYL.

Rxrbo.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

father brian d'arcy's columns are now run past a church censor before being published.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-17857980
    Just saw that on the RTE news at six who found a clip of Darcy on the Late Late, asking Cahal Daly (Sean Brady's predecessor) a question - something like "The Vatican/hierarchy is seen as being heavy-handed, out of touch etc; what do you say to that?". When the camera switched Daly, he looked apoplectic and didn't reply.

The BBC article closes with a suitably Orwellian quote:
    Some time ago the CDF was in touch with our General about some of Brian's views and since then Brian has been co-operating to ensure that he can continue to make a contribution to the religious journalism that he is involved in [...]

"The majority of people in country A are of the x religion".

yLOoS_c0JEaDyZZqMICP4g2.jpg

6763.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

3985619_460s.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement