Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

a_walk_in_the_park.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_m4esvc0gCp1qbh60xo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_m35m1j4vKz1qb6c1ho1_500.png
    tumblr_m4e1esFNjN1rsaap6o1_500.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

549229_10151736144735254_480488100253_24476173_1660440250_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I know it's not strictly a Religion related picture, but I reckoned a good few people here (Galv) may get a giggle from this.

tumblr_ly7wn8lEbc1qz6f9yo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

a-liberal-muslim-homosexual-ACLU-lawyer-professor-and-abortion-doctor-was-teaching-a-class-on-Karl-Marx-4chan.png

• Advertisement

Just watching The Colbert Report from the 23rd of April with a guy who ran for head of the Texas school board or whatever as a creationist. Hilarious stuff. Apparently he's the subject of a documentary called The Revisionaries, seems to only be on limited release for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

sfahm.jpg

tumblr_m4grhcgFmo1rt8sgdo1_500.jpg

559623_432394053445076_192214550796362_1588568_1504047712_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Funny guy but serious topic

• Advertisement

tumblr_m4ie2t9BCp1qfyvtfo1_500.gif
    tumblr_m4iaq4vsPQ1r4v6uoo1_500.jpg

392469_3277121851133_1360081117_32701219_2067062480_n.jpg

vBfFi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,987 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I don't recognise at least half of those.

Thankfully.

Edit: not even the weird guy in the green shirt who's there twice.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

ninja900 wrote: »
    I don't recognise at least half of those.
    There are truly weird stories behind -- and I'm using that term as generously as I can -- each of them.
    ninja900 wrote: »
    not even the weird guy in the green shirt who's there twice.
    That'll be Ted Haggard, former head of the 30-million strong National Association of Evangelicals and founder and former head of the huge New Life Church in Colorado. That picture of him apparently eating an invisible banana is heavily symbolic because...

In 2006, a male prostitute went public with claims that he and Haggard had shared crystal meth and partaken in all kinds of gay sex. Haggard held out for a short while, then resigned, admitted just about everything, then spent several years selling insurance door-to-door, before opening up a new church in Colorado last year. Haggard came to the attention of the irreligious following this rather excellent exchange with Dawkins, taken from his Root of All Evil?

Blasted video is blocked in Ireland!

Curse your Channel 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,987 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

robindch wrote: »
    That'll be Ted Haggard, former head of the 30-million strong National Association of Evangelicals and founder and former head of the huge New Life Church in Colorado. That picture of him apparently eating an invisible banana is heavily symbolic because...

In 2006, a male prostitute went public with claims that he and Haggard had shared crystal meth and partaken in all kinds of gay sex.

We all have our moments of weakness. Who are we to judge, etc, except Our Lord, etc...

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭HemmingSay

Not quite as informative as the wikipedia link, but here's the ted haggard thing wrapped up in a tune : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZmHC75FDqQ

cool_your_jets.jpg

tumblr_m4kjg10Owh1r7gbhio1_400.jpg
    aLefo.png

• Advertisement

tumblr_m4ighs57kj1rqf7yho1_500.png

jTIi8.jpg

For anyone who knows their stuff:
    "All we're askin' you to do
    Is drop trou
    And squeeze out
    A Cleveland Steamer on my chest. ('Ooh.')

Two, three, four!
    Give it up for KG, give it up for me,
    Give it up for KG, give it up for me,
    Give it up for rock, give it up for blues,
    Give it up for everything that is not to lose.
    Now, rock your socks off, woman,

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

The never-ending cycle ---

703750402.jpg

2012-04-30.jpg

But rather fitting due to recent conversations.

internet_memes_i_thought_he_was_air.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

3ccb7e3723538.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Magic, that's one of the funniest friggin' posts I've ever seen.

Now, most of you thought that the reason why you shouldn't pull the chord is because it will blow your head and wobbly bits off. Therego, you're bigots.

Me, I think we shouldn't pull the chord because it's inappropriate to touch a female muslim, and if you do, they'll cut your head (and wobbly bits) off for it. Therego, not a bigot ........................... just being sensitive of my wobbly bits.

Kivaro wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Magic, that's one of the funnies friggin' posts I've ever seen.

Now, most of you thought that the reason why you shouldn't pull the chord is because it will blow your head and wobbly bits off. Therego, you're bigots.

Me, I think we shouldn't pull the chord because it's inappropriate to touch a female muslim, and if you do, they'll cut your head (and wobbly bits) off for it. Therego, not a bigot ........................... just being sensitive of my wobbly bits.

Actually I hate pulling the chords on those things because the noise is always really tinny and hurts my ears :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Actually I hate pulling the chords on those things because the noise is always really tinny and hurts my ears :(

Hedgehogs tend to have excellent hearing. Try changing your username and see if it has any effect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I stay away from dolls with pull-the-cord-to-hear-me-speak things because they creep the living bejesus out of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Sarky wrote: »
    I stay away from dolls with pull-the-cord-to-hear-me-speak things because they creep the living bejesus out of me.

I tended to try dismantling them to see how they worked. Never learned anything about them, other than RC cars and their remotes were more fun to dismantle. Hence why I kept wishing for RC stuff. Never learning anything much about them either other than they appeared complex.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement