Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

R6MMl.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_m5crxhOhOU1rqq9cho1_500.jpg
    tumblr_m5ch1hUOBm1qlh1nvo1_400.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

The candles lit and prayers offered have had the desired effect and he is fit enough to start despite niggling injuries to his knee and calf.

Source.

*Facepalm*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Jernal wrote: »
    Source.

*Facepalm*

Quiet you. My sacrifices of livestock were what got us so far in Italia 90, and if it wasn't for nosey bastards and the Gardai, we would have won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Source.

*Facepalm*
    The hand of Henry denied them (a penalty shoot-out) in the last qualification campaign
    I see God's keeping his hands firmly in his pockets on that one though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

R6MMl.jpg
    LOL

*yoinked for FB*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

http://io9.com/5917162/saintly-statues-get-superheroic-makeovers
    Palminteri's Hagiographies takes familiar religious iconography and adds a coat of paint to transform Christian figures into pop cultural ones. Many folks will likely disapprove of this provocative blending of the sacred and the comic book profane, but there's a certain logic behind Palminteri's blasphemy. After all, the superhuman tales of Superman, Batman, Captain America, and the Flash, may serve a very similar purpose to the early saints' stories. Of course, these figures are canonized not by a church but by strong monthly comic sales.

medium.jpg

tBLnc.jpg

One that may be of use here from time to time.

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_m5f44o1cGJ1qz9bu3o1_500.gif

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

fitz0 wrote: »

that is one of the greatest things I've ever seen on the internet

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2012/06/12/all-in-a-good-cause/

touching ladies for christ....
    i suppose on the face of it not a terrible idea although it might anger skepchick.

Loved this. :D

xwuP0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

533989_332433300151500_2075169404_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Sonics2k wrote: »

What the hell is wrong with his feet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Sonics2k wrote: »

On my phone so please imagine I have posted the Fry "shut up and take my money" picture.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I would totally wear one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    What the hell is wrong with his feet?

One is near, the other is faaaaar awaaaaay.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

shizz wrote: »
    One is near, the other is faaaaar awaaaaay.

one is near and huge and the other must be at least 10 feet awaaaaaayyyyy to be that tiiinnnnnyyyyyyy
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Source.

*Facepalm*

Still lost though...

photo.php?fbid=314529701968073&set=a.157796790974699.40772.157750900979288&type=1&ref=nf

Follow God on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/TheGoodLordAbove

gsjJZ.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

From Religulous.

nq6HJ.jpg

Game of Thrones (Large image)

http://i.imgur.com/37LQz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

From the Irish Times today. Quite a remarkable amount of dumb in a single letter.
    Sir, – Irony of ironies. Richard Dawkins lectures Catholics on not being up to speed with their church’s teaching. This from a man who, in the course of a recent BBC radio programme, was unable to name the correct title of Charles Darwin’s work on evolutionary theory; and who confounded the felony, when being pressed on same by declaring “Oh God, I can’t remember it”. So to apply Dawkins own logic to himself, it appears he isn’t really au fait with his own atheist bible, and worse still he seems to believe in God. A veritable double whammy! Stalin used the phrase “useful idiots” to describe naive western atheist cheer leaders in the 1930s/1940s. Judging by the sychophantic reaction of many in Ireland to Mr Dawkins, it appears the heirs to these useful idiots are still with us. – Yours, etc,

• Registered Users Posts: 34,986 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Once upon a time it was like a badge of honour getting a letter printed in the Irish Times. These days it appears any f**kwit can manage it.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

From the Irish Times today. Quite a remarkable amount of dumb in a single letter.

I used to feel quite smug that I've had two letters printed in The Irish Times, now I just feel embarrassed.

Ditto,

I remember the day little old teenage me was over the moon at my achievement. Now, it's just another component of the realisation that the world doesn't work the way you'd initially thought. :(

Dawkins, why have you forsaken me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

Funny Catholic Church parody:

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭as_mo_bhosca

Is it because I've had a long day or am I missing the parody bit here?????????????

Possibly my new favourite thing.

IGF7K.gif

• Advertisement

Pedant wrote: »
    Funny Catholic Church parody:

It's funny because it's nonsense, and also historically inaccurate on numerous counts :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement