Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Do comics count as books!? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Galvasean wrote: »

I really hope so...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Galvasean wrote: »

I see them as being akin to illuminated manuscripts or renaissance woodcut illustrated books - so of course they count.

especially Asterix.

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_m5wghfVLHF1ro8xjuo1_400.jpg
    tumblr_m5sy69vQJY1rt8sgdo1_500.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

556404_489781181037689_1008800237_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

35ie25.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Mother Teresa appears in a Danish Pastry.

nunbun.jpg
    "The face of Mother Teresa was seen in a cinnamon bun at Bongo Java in Nashville, Tennessee. It was first discovered on 15 October 1996 by employee Ryan Finney and was turned into an enterprise by the company, selling T-shirts and mugs. Mother Teresa contacted the company and asked them to stop these sales. Discussions between the cafe owner and Mother Teresa's attorney brought about a compromise. The cafe agreed to only sell a limited amount NunBun merchandise and sell it only at their store and not license the images. The bun remained as an attraction at Bongo Java. On 25 December 2005 the bun was stolen during a break-in at the coffee house.

The owner of Bongo Java have offered a $5,000 reward for the return of the NunBun. Recently, photographs of the pastry have been sent to the Nashville, TN newspaper The Tennessean from a person identifying themselves as "Hu Dunet." It shows the NunBun near a statue of a woman, a picture showing it being held by two men, their faces obscured by alterations to the photograph, and a picture of a man lying on a beach holding the bun in his left hand."

There's the proof!

Haha, . . Nunbun.

Harry Hill puts god into Room 101.

Was this a brave move on Harry's part, seeing as he probably has many religious fans? Maybe he has enough money now, he doesn't really have to worry.

Go to 22:40.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Not quite "funny" but it made me smile. They're at a gay pride parade.

Apologies%3Amaladjustedmedia.com.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

2010-09-23-Guest-Comic-SMBC.gif

• Advertisement

Didn't know which thread to post this in. It's not funny, just a stylish logo.

na3nH.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Good idea getting input on the logo from the gay community, too!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Ah SMBC...

20120621.gif

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

That comic makes it seem like beliving evolution is true is the default stance. If someone doesn't know anyhting about it how would they believe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Default answer is "I don't know" or "No opinion."

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭sephir0th

recedite wrote: »
    Default answer is "I don't know" or "No opinion."

The human brain is predisposed towards finding patterns and agency in everything. So the default bias is towards a creative agency, rather than a blind natural process.

"I don't know" is what a person ignorant on any topic should say though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

The lady gave no indication that she thought the statement was false though. Just that she doesn't think evolution happened. If she was then asked do you think it did not happen and she then said "Yes", well then, that would be a dull and dragged out comic.

I thought it was funny because the guy was acting like a crazy asshole. Just me?

tumblr_m60ebqtRim1r7gbhio1_500.jpg
    tumblr_m5wn9nTBlr1rt8sgdo1_500.jpg

• Advertisement

tumblr_m60n1uBxbd1r21705o1_500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Attempted to use the 'atheism is a religion like not collecting stamps is a hobby' argument against 2 Christian friends trying to tell me I'm religious. Have now left with 2 friends telling me that not collecting stamps is a hobby...

I'm really good at it. I'm the best non-stamp collector around. Haven't got a single one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

fitz0 wrote: »
    I'm really good at it. I'm the best non-stamp collector around. Haven't got a single one.

So is collecting stamps now not a hobby? or how does it work? =/ I think I may have bought a stamp and not used it if that counts as collecting?

You're one of them now.

*look of disgust*
    Stamp-collector

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

fitz0 wrote: »

I've been doing it for a few years now, got a few shelves of stamp collecting books filled to the brim with no stamps.

Here's a couple of my favourites:

$%28KGrHqR,%21o%21E9c-70nskBPpY19hsE%21%7E%7E60_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Standman - WOW that is some serious not collecting. Respect.

I don't watch trains but tbh I'm a bit of a dilettante. Sometimes I gaze at the Cork-Cobh train as it trundles down the track :o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Pfft, noobs. I have letters that keep getting returned because I don't collect any stamps. I'm in negative stamp numbers now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Peeing standing up will get you a place in HELL!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement