Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

cncracer-210615-albums-jokes-pic64759-150-chicken-egg.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

185001_312956918792018_1121156300_n.jpg

Seriously, I should just pay God's Facebook royalties at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

The Church of Elvis

And Elvis so loved the world that he died, fat and bloated, in a bathroom.

http://jubal.westnet.com/hyperdiscordia/sacred_heart_elvis.html

sacred_heart_of_elvis.small.gif

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_m6mgyeysKS1run0duo1_500.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Rheo

XXLD2.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

So, with the discovery of the Higgs-Bosun, will the traditional blessing be re-phrased to " In the name of the father, the son, and the holy particle'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

3pyuz8.jpg

qm.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

208891_10150935876817545_1909840734_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Anyone notice the TV news reports on the Higgs Boson no longer refer to it as "the God Particle" now that its been shown to exist (beyond reasonable doubt) :)

recedite wrote: »
    Anyone notice the TV news reports on the Higgs Boson no longer refer to it as "the God Particle" now that its been shown to exist (beyond reasonable doubt) :)

He's running out of gaps to hide in...

In other news:
    bKbED.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

376496_444755935545423_2096910254_n.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

RJMcready - he just doesn't get the subtle hints and undertone. It's hard to read his posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

This Meme makes me happy. :D

3pz5q0.jpg

F**k Tom Cruise.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,736 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I saw on another site that a former Scientologist said that they make you sign up to Scientology for a billion years. Hitler would have gotten less in life sentences if he'd been captured and put on trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Penn wrote: »
    I saw on another site that a former Scientologist said that they make you sign up to Scientology for a billion years. Hitler would have gotten less in life sentences if he'd been captured and put on trial.

I just posted a good video with undercover reporting of this cult.

This 'church' want the journalist to:
    1. Complete many many classes at around €90 a pop.
    2. Get his gf converted or else dump her.
    3. Work for 52.5 hrs per week, for the cult, for €50.

Apparently, once you become a scientologist you can control any illness, from the common cold to cancer. Seems legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Apparently, once you become a scientologist you can control any illness, from the common cold to cancer. Seems legit.
    And if you contract one of these illnesses, it's because you lost control. It's foolproof!

Religion = Cult + Time

• Registered Users Posts: 33,736 ✭✭✭✭Penn

seamus wrote: »
    And if you contract one of these illnesses, it's because you lost control. It's foolproof!

Religion = Cult + Time

I think it'll be really interesting in the custody/divorce cases if Katie Holmes' lawyers go about trying to call it a cult rather than a religion. In fact, it could be utterly brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Y69cF.png

:confused::confused::confused:

How the deuce do you resize images?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mrac

18AD wrote: »
    l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FY69cF.png&h=dAQGZGMxU

:confused::confused::confused:

I really really hope theyre not real tweets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

mrac wrote: »
    I really really hope theyre not real tweets
    It's a real twitter account reposting comments of a certain type.
    https://twitter.com/#!/DerpParticle

Yeah, quite a lot of people do seem to think the discovery of the Higgs Boson particle proves the existence of God. I'm assuming they can't read or more than likely refuse to.
    Interestingly the guy who coined the term 'God particle' originally wanted to call it the 'Goddamn particle' because it was so damn elusive but his publisher wouldn't let him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

18AD wrote: »
    How the deuce do you resize images?
    OK, call me old-fashioned, but I use Paint Shop Pro 8. I'm sure there are a gazillion websites out there that'll take an image and do the same thing (kind of).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

robindch wrote: »
    OK, call me old-fashioned, but I use Paint Shop Pro 8. I'm sure there are a gazillion websites out there that'll take an image and do the same thing (kind of).

mspaint ftw...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

robindch wrote: »

Screw that....GIMP all the way!
    A) because it's good, free and easy
    and
    B) because it just sounds like something us degenerate atheists would use. :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

There's a teeny application you can download for windows that allows you right-click on any image file in a folder and resize it to a few options. Been using it for years.

This one I think:
    http://download.cnet.com/Image-Resizer-Powertoy-for-Windows-XP/3000-18487_4-10905400.html

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_m6qby6YDnZ1qish0vo1_500.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

HAUix.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,998 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Jesus Saves ... on the costs of animal sacrifice: a Cambodian village has converted to Christianity to save money:
    Kralan Don, 60, said he and the four other members of his family began attending the church about five years ago because of their poor standard of living.

“We believe in Christianity because we are poor; we don’t have money to buy buffaloes, chickens and pigs to pray for the spirits of the god of land or the god of water when those gods make us get sick,” he said.

Klan Ly, 56, said she had completely abandoned her fears of black magic after making the conversion.

“When my family believed in Christianity, my old Buddha could not use the black magic on us anymore, because Jesus protected us,” she said.

With the money she has saved using Western medicine instead of performing sacrifices, Klan Ly said she had been able to construct a house.
    Just wait until they discover atheism ... ch-ching!

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Quatermain

All I can see is Jesus fighting Buddha...and it is awesome.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement