Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Pimp My Lord? :P

tumblr_m8rgk4RGLU1rb8qy1o1_400.gif

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

From YLYL: But I honestly intend to use this!

AXsTY.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

ALfR6.png

• Registered Users Posts: 33,725 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Saw a similar one which said "If Atheists are so great, why did Christian Bale visit the Aurora shooting victims but Atheist Bale didn't? Christians 1: Atheists 0"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Not sure whether to put this here of in Hazards - but since it made me laugh at the thought that nearly everyone I know will be in hell perhaps as a deeply anti-social person I should be trying to get into heaven now...:eek:

224602_410090305705830_1970641491_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Fornicate, I love that word. It never gets old. :D
    Don't the majority of planet earth do it?

Heaven must be fairly empty.
    A bit like going to a fancy new night club and it's totally dead because there's only two other people there sitting in the corner drinking orange juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Beruthiel wrote: »
    A bit like going to a fancy new night club and it's totally dead because there's only two other people there sitting in the corner drinking orange juice.

Or Google +

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Fornicate, I love that word. It never gets old. :D
    Don't the majority of planet earth do it?

Those would be the two people who arn't talking to me because of something I said about their Jesus.

Or Google +

Which is a total shame because it's much more preferable to Facebook!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

If you think Google+ is empty, you're doing it wrong.

• Advertisement

Sarky wrote: »

Oh, I am well aware that you are spamming the fuk out of it. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Today being my day for mad out there thoughts - could they not control their filthy minds and not get worked up at the sight of a female calf muscle?

There's a good moment in the film "Persepolis" when the heroine is running for a bus. She's stopped by the religious police (or whatever they're called) because running means her backside makes obscene movements and she responds with "Well then, don't be looking at my ass!"

LittleBook wrote: »
    There's a good moment in the film "Persepolis" when the heroine is running for a bus. She's stopped by the religious police (or whatever they're called) because running means her backside makes obscene movements and she responds with "Well then, don't be looking at my ass!"

One hot summers day in London I got a call on my day off asking me to pop in to work and get some supplies out of the store room for the Bengali children's language class. I was wearing shorts - not short shorts, knee length shorts - the language teacher was an elderly Iman. As I headed for the storage room I noticed that the Iman was hot in persuit, his eyes fixed on my calfs.

Naturally, I stopped suddenly causing a bit of a pile-up :D.

I smiled sweetly at the Iman once he has finished leaping away and asked him what exactly he was doing. He defiantly replied that he was looking at my legs. 'Why?' said she, now smiling like a crocodile, 'because I don't ever get to see women's legs' he replied pathetically.

I then informed him that he better not be having 'impure' thoughts as a) I could do him for sexual harassment and b) wives number 1, 2 and 3 were watching him and not looking best pleased.

Wife number 3 (who was in her 20s) and I threw ourselves around the place the next day laughing at her husband - or the 'dirty old goat' as she called him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

224602_410090305705830_1970641491_n.jpg
    Well, if I can't do any of those things then I don't want to go.
    Sarky wrote: »
    I'm obviously doing it wrong so. I'd love to use it more, mainly because my mum has never heard of it and I could make posts that are full of tales of my misdeeds and profanity, but only one of my mates is ever on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Man Thanks God He's Not Sexually Attracted To Children.
    "I can walk past a playground full of kids with no problems whatsoever," Farlow said. "I don't feel any sort of urge to go over and talk to them, and to be honest, I don't really think about them at all. I just keep going with my day."

Added Farlow, "Thank ****ing Christ for that."

Even though it's an article from The Onion, it's actually less crazy and weird than the real story of Gordon Dalbey in this thread.

5p4FF.jpg

tN4Hb.jpg

Dry+Vagina+Dialogues.bmp

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

^^^^^
    Pfft, women dont do sodomy

tumblr_m8vwylHkpw1rburdzo1_500.jpg

• Advertisement

tumblr_m8us8jHcfL1rt8sgdo1_500.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

this was attributed to Alive! on the forum i saw it on.

481945_421815277863991_120163744_n.jpg

My divorced and remarried only sets foot in a church for weddings and funerals but calls herself a Catholic sister took the name Maria Goretti for her Confer - I'll have to ask her if she is did owt special to celebrate the feast day.
    I shall place particular emphases on the refusing to do bold things part of her name sakes life :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Hi Kids,

...terrifying murder story...

Hope you enjoy the holidays.

:eek:

eoin5 wrote: »
    Hi Kids,

Hope you enjoy the holidays.

:eek:

Speaking of religious horror stories and holidays - I often wonder what children reckon is the connection between Jesus being nailed to a cross for 'our' sins and the consumption large amounts of egg shaped chocolate.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

eoin5 wrote: »
    What's that dangling around the place at the top of the photo? It's either the legs of somebody hanging by their neck, or something quite unmentionable.

Ah, just checked:

http://www.alive.ie/uploads/6/5/1/1/6511516/alive_july_aug_2012.pdf

Top left of page 15. Just a friendly kid, in kids' corner. Though presumably without the knifewounds.

robindch wrote: »
    What's that dangling around the place at the top of the photo? It's either the legs of somebody hanging by their neck, or something quite unmentionable.

Ah, just checked:

http://www.alive.ie/uploads/6/5/1/1/6511516/alive_july_aug_2012.pdf

Top left of page 15. Just a friendly kid, in kids' corner. Though presumably without the knifewounds.

'What's that?..... Ah, just checked'.

This sums up what I love about this forum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Speaking of religious horror stories and holidays - I often wonder what children reckon is the connection between Jesus being nailed to a cross for 'our' sins and the consumption large amounts of egg shaped chocolate.

Jesus, i've heard some stupid questions but this one takes the biscuit..:mad:

You see what happened was, eh, jesus died right and then em, oooh this is embarrassing, eh there was a bunny rabbit involved i think, and he eh, shít...

Nevermind
    Praise the lord:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I often wonder what children reckon is the connection between Jesus being nailed to a cross for 'our' sins and the consumption large amounts of egg shaped chocolate.
    I'm fairly certain it has something to do with how Jesus got back to heaven again.

mork-mindy-01.jpg

• Advertisement

Dades wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain it has something to do with how Jesus got back to heaven again.

mork-mindy-01.jpg

Has anyone checked The Dead Sea scrolls - perhaps there is a 'lost' passage text that roughly translates as:

'yea, and once they had seen that the Lord had risen and did walk among them once more they did rejoice. They did celebrate with chocolate. And this chocolate was shaped as an egg to symbolise life emerging from a tomb. And that which was not there but was alive is now there and alive.'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement