Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭muppeteer

zQHv4.gif
    Best part of being a bodyguard.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

muppeteer wrote: »
    zQHv4.gif
    Best part of being a bodyguard.:)

That's the best thing I've seen all day. So good I don't feel one bit bad about quoting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Subpopulus

fitz0 wrote: »
    That's the best thing I've seen all day.

The best bit is the bodyguard's furtive look about to make sure nobody saw that.

thanks-jesus-food-de-nada-550x647.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

muppeteer wrote: »
    zQHv4.gif
    Yuri Gellerski, very special speznaz. That's real magic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭sephir0th

QRGw1.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

darwinius-on-toast.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭Allah_

Geography on religion:

http://i.imgur.com/959eb.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_m959zczjWC1rb8qy1o1_500.gif

If you can read this, you're too close!

tumblr_m955g6lr6Q1raw1oio1_500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

From the comments section of a Mark Mardell article on Todd "Legitimate Rape" Aiken:
    Shhhh--We're deep in the dark forests of the Missouri Ozarks where we have found a tribe of humanoids still walking on their knuckles. Contact with the modern world cannot be ruled out because we find they carry voters registration cards for the U.S. elections. If we don't startle them we can study them until November when it is believed they return to middle-earth.

Are you there, Todd?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

From the comments section of a Mark Mardell article on Todd "Legitimate Rape" Aiken:

I'd enjoy reading that but oh how you tease me with this taster...Linky?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I'd enjoy reading that but oh how you tease me with this taster...Linky?

Click here for bacon Mardell's article.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Wiggles88

574524_456444597733730_1485040645_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Click here for bacon Mardell's article.
    During a 1998 Senate campaign in Arkansas, the Republican candidate Dr Fay Boozman claimed that hormones generated by fear usually prevented rape victims from getting pregnant.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19339960

I sense some of you are not familiar with the role God's RapeShield(TM) plays in conception. Allow me to educate you.

In 1999 Gov. Mike Huckabee appointed Dr. Fay Boozman, an ophthalmologist who served on the medical advisory board for a "crisis pregnancy center", as the head of Arkansas Department of Health.

Dr. Boozman became [in]famous for passing off personal belief and/or religious propaganda as medical opinion when, during a 1998 failed state senate campaign, he stated that "pregnancies from rape are rare because of 'God's protective little shield'." [The WaPo, reports that Dr. Boozman denied he attributed the phenomenon to "God's little shield," as the local paper reported....]

According to the person who was appointed head of the Arkansas Department of Health by Gov. Huckabee, it's unlikely for women to get pregnant during rape because an adrenaline rush triggered by fear causes hormonal changes that block a woman's ability to conceive during a violent attack.

When asked to justify his [own] ignorance of medical matters, Dr. Boozman apologized for - wait for it! - causing hurt feelings but refused to retract his statement that rape rarely results in pregnancy because of RapeShield(TM) hormones. Although admitting that he was not quoting a scientific study, he insisted that he was sharing his personal observations as a doctor.
    http://thewelltimedperiod.blogspot.ie/2008/01/mike-huckabee-dr-fay-boozman-and-gods.html

'he insisted that he was sharing his personal observations as a doctor'??? :eek:

He learnt about these hormones while dealing with people's eyes???

Surely these hormones only manifest if a woman is being 'legitimately' raped...so unless the doctor was actually.....:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,952 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

A man named Fay :confused: does he have a brother called Sue?

In other news... oops.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19349921
    Spanish fresco restoration botched by amateur

_62428391_frescopic.gif

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Wiggles88

ninja900 wrote: »

In other news... oops.

Wow I saw that pic on facebook a while ago but thought it was a joke :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

In other news... oops.

When I read that first I laughed a little but then I just felt really really bad for the well intentioned but unfortunate woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

fitz0 wrote: »
    When I read that first I laughed a little but then I just felt really really bad for the well intentioned but unfortunate woman.

I like it. It's more cartoon-ey.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Shhhh--We're deep in the dark forests of the Missouri Ozarks where we have found a tribe of humanoids still walking on their knuckles. Contact with the modern world cannot be ruled out because we find they carry voters registration cards [...]
    Could be age, but, heavens, I couldn't stop myself from reading that with David Attenborough's accent.

/sigh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

robindch wrote: »
    Could be age, but, heavens, I couldn't stop myself from reading that with David Attenborough's accent.

/sigh

It's ok - he's still going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Jesus looks very Forever Alone there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Bumper sticker on a car ahead of me on the M50:

"Do you follow Jesus this close?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

6fs6A.png

tumblr_m96uqndbxx1r5yfmwo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m8z4q8Hmlq1qgnx3ko1_400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

koth wrote: »

tumblr_m8z4q8Hmlq1qgnx3ko1_400.jpg

This picture is clearly not accurate. Sure we all know earth is flat and sits on a turtles back. Stupid atheists.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Neilos wrote: »
    This picture is clearly not accurate. Sure we all know earth is flat and sits on the backs of four elephants who stand on a turtles back. Stupid atheists.

FYP.
    Artist's impression:
    amidiscworld1.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

218152.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Rheo

Wss5g.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

That's exactly the animal I was thinking of!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement