Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

vi6i9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

424256_10151080577077418_959142895_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,722 ✭✭✭✭Penn

_62428391_frescopic.gif

dolanjezzis2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

I reckon that "Christ the Monkey" painting could be worth gazillions in years to come. Its like "The Scream", after having eaten too many doughnuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,722 ✭✭✭✭Penn

eXBWb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I can see that botched painting becoming a wonderful meme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Rheo

Sarky wrote: »
    I can see that botched painting becoming a wonderful meme.

And so it begins...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Man, them internets work fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Are they going to start selling prints of the painting? If they were cheap enough I'd buy a few. Be handy as complimentary wedding presents to anyone I know who has a religious ceremony.
    Will she be due royalties now or what's the situation there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

atheists.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Wohoo I can't believe we're all going to heaven and it's for atheists only! Oh and ithas to be true it says so in a book comic strip!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

2013 number plates to be changed to avoid ‘unlucky 13’ not exactly religion but superstition rarely gets this headdesk inducing

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

cavedave wrote: »
    2013 number plates to be changed to avoid ‘unlucky 13’ not exactly religion but superstition rarely gets this headdesk inducing

I don't know why this news is annoying me so much.
    I'm pissed off that we are pandering to the ignorant who don't even have the capacity to investigate where this superstition originated from in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Beruthiel wrote: »
    cavedave wrote: »

I don't know why this news is annoying me so much.
    I'm pissed off that we are pandering to the ignorant who don't even have the capacity to investigate where this superstition originated from in the first place!

It's more about pandering to the car industry, I think.

• Moderators Posts: 51,796 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_m98po1yzxN1r4gyteo1_400.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators Posts: 51,796 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_m98cxhNwpr1r9fe87o2_500.png

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

daily_gifdump_208_15.gif

so much LOL....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

It's that time of the year again folks. They're back.XD

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

From YLYL:

218305.jpg

218306.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Wiggles88

Links234 wrote: »

Maryland delegate Don H. Dwyer Jr was drinking with another man on his boat on the Magothy River in Pasadena around 7pm

Two guys...drinking...alone together on a boat...at night... Sounds kinda...gay :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Wiggles88 wrote: »
    Two guys...drinking...alone together on a boat...at night... Sounds kinda...gay :pac:

Sounds like a season of Dexter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

129153187211663247.jpg

Funny or scary? The choice is yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,951 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

NSFW :eek:

Jesus Christ dog

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

A church worth worshipping at.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,951 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

legochurch07.jpg

For a second I thought this was a Lego version of the Berlin Holocaust Memorial :eek:

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

The Renegade Raging Grannies (really) respond to Todd Akin's legitimate rape claims:

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

A letter criticising the Scottish government for supporting plans to legalise gay marriage will be read out in all of the country's Catholic parishes on Sunday.

The Roman Catholic church has declared 26 August as "national marriage Sunday" and is calling on politicians to "sustain rather than subvert marriage".

The letter, which will be read in all of Scotland's 500 Catholic parishes, will urge followers to continue to act against efforts to "redefine" marriage.

The Scottish government has said it is right to introduce same-sex marriages, but has stressed no clergy would be forced to carry them out.

Cardinal Keith O'Brien, the leader of the Church in Scotland, last week broke off discussions on the issue with the first minister, Alex Salmond.

In a strongly worded message, the letter will highlight the church's "deep disappointment that the Scottish government has decided to redefine marriage and legislate for same sex marriage".

It will also announce the launch of a national commission for marriage and the family to co-ordinate a campaign against gay marriage.

O'Brien, who has described gay marriage as a "grotesque subversion of a universally accepted human right", said: "The church's teaching on marriage is unequivocal, it is uniquely, the union of a man and a woman and it is wrong that governments, politicians or parliaments should seek to alter or destroy that reality."

He added: "With this letter we will announce the creation of a national commission for marriage and the family, a body which will be charged with promoting the true nature of marriage, it will develop an online presence and produce materials and organise events which will help Catholic families to support and sustain marriage.

"While we pray that our elected leaders will sustain rather than subvert marriage, we promise to continue to do everything we can to convince them that redefining marriage would be wrong for society."

The Scottish government has pledged to bring forward a bill on the issue later this year, and has indicated the earliest ceremonies could take place by the start of 2015.

I've bolded the part that stood out for me. It just makes no sense!

Full article here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/aug/26/scottish-catholics-campaign-gay-marriage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

The conflation of 'universally accepted human rights' and church teaching shows how out of touch the church are. They're lost whatever moral authority they had but are just sticking their aged fingers in their ears and shouting lalala.

I really hope this backfires spectacularly on them and people finally see them for the dinosaurs they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

A 'universally accepted human right', except for people we disapprove of.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement