Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Isn't it funny that Jesus is so attached to that cross?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Hahahahahah. Brilliant, I love it. "jesus is like a mountie, he always gets his man, and he'll zap you anyway he can! Zap!"

I just died laughing.

Edit: This comic seems to be a love or hate one. I lurve it so here's a vaguely religious humoured one as a taster.

http://www.qwantz.com/index.php?comic=1481

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭lankysexybeast

5uspect wrote: »
    Isn't it funny that Jesus is so attached to that cross?

are you serious, course he's going to hold onto it like that he's been milking that f@cking crucifiction for 2000 years .... GET A NEW TRICK MIRACLE BOY

attached to the cross...

RustyNail.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

circular-reasoning1.jpg

Thought this suitably described some of the arguments we see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

5893.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

6455.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

sink wrote: »

Went to see Tim today at the Carlsberg Comedy thingy, he played this in honour of our new Blasphemy Law:

Booked my tickets to see his own show in Vicar Street in September as soon as I got home. I think people around these parts would like him too, much of his act is about god, evolution, scepticism and 'woo' of various kinds. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

flatter.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Another Mitchell and Webb video - Writing the Bible:

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MrB

God prefers Atheists
    http://www.mrwiggleslovesyou.com/rehab477.html
    (according to Mr. Wiggles anyway :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

unholy_trinity3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

2008-10-21.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

Not particularly funny, but interesting interview with funny man Billy Connolly.
    Talks about Catholicism and Sarah Palin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

These guys took some ridiculous posts from fundamentalist forums and use them as if they're being interviewed, pretty funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Putting the fun mentalist into fundamentalist!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

20060804atheist.png

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

If the Bible was literary true:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Standman wrote: »
    These guys took some ridiculous posts from fundamentalist forums and use them as if they're being interviewed, pretty funny!

Y'know I wouldnt have believed it had I not actually seen some of those actual posts.

Oh, and i found this funny
    the_power_of_prayer4.jpg

• Advertisement

pts wrote: »
    If the Bible was literary true:

this is probrably the best one of these i'v seen it truelly shows just how stupid hey all are

this is probrably the best one of these i'v seen it truelly shows just how stupid hey all are

Well it just shows that they haven't actually read the Bible and assume it's a very nice book about bunnies and cake and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Well it just shows that they haven't actually read the Bible and assume it's a very nice book about bunnies and cake and stuff.

Or it shows that they hold to Supercessionism. (Hebrews 3:1-6, Hebrews 8:1-13, Jeremiah 31:31-34)

They should have given those Aussies a jolly good theology lesson :pac:

2 No demands for proof of paranormal validity.

just saw this as a rule as a rule on a forum

Jakkass wrote: »
    Or it shows that they hold to Supercessionism. (Hebrews 3:1-6, Hebrews 8:1-13, Jeremiah 31:31-34)

They should have given those Aussies a jolly good theology lesson :pac:

Sure, but those punters are surprised to that hear these things are in the Bible yet they say that they believe everything in it. They clearly don't show any kind of theological sophistication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Sure, but those punters are surprised to that hear these things are in the Bible yet they say that they believe everything in it. They clearly don't show any kind of theological sophistication.

Perhaps they don't. One guy touched on it but not in much detail (2:32 on video). One also has to note that it is on a street corner and naturally people also have things to do rather than talk to people about the Mosaic Covenant.

I personally think it would warrant being late to anything to take their arrogance down a notch though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

sorry lads i know i do this alot but i don't want people beliveing inacurate things from this type of thing. remember atheists biggest failing is assuming things and using assumptions to argue.

although this is funny there is alot of missconceptions about each of the books here. the O.T. had alot of stuff about killing etc. but it was actually, although it's hard to believe, an evolution from what they had before. the messages in it about killing laid out rules which provented un-stopable escolation.... i'm not saying that religion gave us morals and it def doesn't mean that and people on the forum should know my actual belief about this.

don't think i need to get into the N.T. we should all know the true message it's trying to pass on

the views based on the kuran are general missconseptions because of the twisted views propogated by extremists. for anyone who doesn't know it's simply that they have used half of a verse and taken it out of context in order to ferther there own means.

sorry again just making sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

sorry lads i know i do this alot but i don't want people beliveing inacurate things from this type of thing. remember atheists biggest failing is assuming things and using assumptions to argue.

although this is funny there is alot of missconceptions about each of the books here. the O.T. had alot of stuff about killing etc. but it was actually, although it's hard to believe, an evolution from what they had before. the messages in it about killing laid out rules which provented un-stopable escolation.... i'm not saying that religion gave us morals and it def doesn't mean that and people on the forum should know my actual belief about this.

don't think i need to get into the N.T. we should all know the true message it's trying to pass on

the views based on the kuran are general missconseptions because of the twisted views propogated by extremists. for anyone who doesn't know it's simply that they have used half of a verse and taken it out of context in order to ferther there own means.

sorry again just making sure

Quick summary: It's all our fault, not God's.

We have heard it all before, and this is not the thread for it. I suggest starting one.

• Advertisement

might do just missconseptions annoy the crap outta me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement