Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Also from Reddit:
    http://i.imgur.com/juoEt.png

How do you make embedded pics smaller?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

And this last one is especially for our resident Transformers mod. :pac:

transformer.jpg

Are you calling me a gender-bender? :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Galvasean wrote: »
    Are you calling me a gender-bender? :mad:

Now, now Susan. You know you tend to get hyper sensitive at certain times of the month. Have an oil of evening primrose and you'll be grand.

:P:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,558 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

venus is obviously occluding his mantra.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

2012-09-04-All-Hail-the-Ref.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,796 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_m9qyc4ITXO1qgnx3ko1_500.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Vaguely religious in nature:-

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Church sign. Large photo.

Liamario wrote: »

The crazies tend to be Republicans. The blonde bimbo looks intelligent. Just like Ann 'crazy eyes' Romney.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

UK-based soap start announces that "people will soon communicate by telepathy after a homeopathic doctor communicated with him as he slept":

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bill-roache-coronation-street-ken-1304296
    The Mirror wrote:
    Bill Roache says only love can save the universe... but denies he sounds like a hippy.

The Coronation Street star, 80, reckons we are “moving into a higher vibration” in society and believes the world will “change dramatically” on December 12.

Asked if he thought the world would end on that date, which the ancient Maya believed marked the end of the world on the calendar, Bill, said no – but added: “This will be the Golden Age, when a majority will know they are love and they are spiritual beings.

“The earth will continue to cleanse itself while material and negative things will collapse and cease to be.”

The vocal Tory supporter was speaking to Silent Voices, a spiritual, paranormal and metaphysical magazine.

He revealed he attends a spiritual group and believes psychics can predict the future.

His remarks are reminiscent of ex-TV sports personality David Icke, who became a laughing stock when he announced himself a psychic and predicted the world would be devastated by tidal waves and earthquakes.

Bill, who claims to have bedded more than 1,000 women and is currently dating weathergirl Emma Jesson, 43, added: “The energy and light of the Creator is love. Love is the life force, it is everything, it is the law of attraction.

"I have always known that there are beings around me, loving and guiding, and never more so than now.”

etc, etc, etc.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Hand on my blood pumping organ, sometimes I can honestly see why so many get sucked into those cosy, insular, American Christian communities.

There's something so safe and non-threatening about those Chuck Norris/Ned Flanders type figureheads. You never have to do your own thinking, and it's okay to sit safe in the cocoon of societal acceptance while sipping on a worldview that reassures everyone they are the chosen ones.

Oh, for a white picket fence and a frontal lobotomy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

robindch wrote: »
    UK-based soap start announces that "people will soon communicate by telepathy after a homeopathic doctor communicated with him as he slept":

And I liked Bill Roache...

robindch wrote: »

"Join our spiritual group", they said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

A telepathic homeopathic doctor. Would that be like a witch-doctor?

recedite wrote: »
    A telepathic homeopathic doctor. Would that be like a witch-doctor?

or a Faith-Healer perhaps?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,558 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Dades wrote: »
    There's something so safe and non-threatening about those Chuck Norris/Ned Flanders type figureheads.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTr9IsS00uU

A few thousand years ago, the power of the hebrew god was drowning the planet, sending plagues, parting seas, walking on water and bringing people back to life. Now he's advertising his son/himself on slices of toast.

What happened!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

A few thousand years ago, the power of the hebrew god was drowning the planet, sending plagues, parting seas, walking on water and bringing people back to life. Now he's advertising his son/himself on slices of toast.

What happened!?

The Miracle bubble, followed by austerity.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

386267_349013778519665_1751864791_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

313467_268581649847475_229551967083777_732975_1538423983_n.jpg

Not exactly religious, but, it was posted on FB by God.

310305_349110075176702_1691237487_n.jpg

582715_348708125216897_2049627787_n.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Pareidolia ftw!

219732.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

DEMON FLOWER!!!!! KILL IT!!!!!!!

Dave! wrote: »
    DEMON FLOWER!!!!! KILL IT!!!!!!!

NO! WORSHIP IT!! KILL DAVE THE UNBELIEVER!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

It...has...spoken to me.

Look guys and gals, I think we need to think about this flower rationally.....

OTHERWISE IT WILL KILL US ALL!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,950 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It's a sign!

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Advertisement

ninja900 wrote: »
    It's a sign!

Autumn?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement