Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

88.gif

Stolen from funny gifs thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

559478_4629720458072_1811580450_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

7cOb8.jpg

zjcXr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,940 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

^ I think that breaks the record for retarded sh!t on the internet. Phone Guinness.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

ninja900 wrote: »
    ^ I think that breaks the record for retarded sh!t on the internet. Phone Guinness.

"AGED 14" much like my own child, she has probably just reached a level of sarcasm the average grown up could not even comprehend, or they mean it, in which case, I will shed a single tear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Don't forget 'Strength through Joy'.

Add Arbeit Macht Frei in there and you have a set.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭sephir0th

stolen from ylyl

attZZ_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

^^^^

big lols!

A2dlHj3CUAAuNR8.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

"Unforeseen", eh?

*badum tish*

qzG1W.png

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

sephir0th wrote: »
    It still sticks with me to this day, but in 3rd class I remember a female classmate telling all and sundry that you say, "Thanks be to God" at the end of the Mass to express how happy you are that the bloody mass is over :D

"Our mass has ended, let us go in peace"

"THANKS BE TO GOD"

Still makes me chuckle to this day. In fact it makes me chuckle a little more these days.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

seamus wrote: »
    [...] "Thanks be to God" at the end of the Mass to express how happy you are that the bloody mass is over [...]
    That was the sense down the country too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Same here. Heh, it's almost like virtually everyone sees mass as a chore rather than a celebration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

seamus wrote: »
    sephir0th wrote: »
    It still sticks with me to this day, but in 3rd class I remember a female classmate telling all and sundry that you say, "Thanks be to God" at the end of the Mass to express how happy you are that the bloody mass is over :D

"Our mass has ended, let us go in peace"

"THANKS BE TO GOD"

Still makes me chuckle to this day. In fact it makes me chuckle a little more these days.

Hahaha i used to always that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

premarital.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

"He has risen from the dead, and he is lord" /tambourines

i0q8v.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

The world's first interspecies homosexual wedding, officiated by a cat.

Can it still be classed as a 'cat'holic wedding? /drum roll exit.

bd3lA.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

DozlD.jpg
    26au6.jpg
    EeYFw.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭muppeteer

I have to encourage everyone to watch this video from "an expert on modern atheism". If you can make it through to the end that is. You will laugh, cry, wat and rage:).

Great lines include "if atheism is true there are no atheists", "if atheism is true there are no people" and my favourite "tide comes in tide comes out".

It's really quite strange how the same University can produce such twaddle while at the same time producing something as brilliant as http://www.sixtysymbols.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

I didn't get very far. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

muppeteer wrote: »
    Great lines include "if atheism is true there are no atheists", "if atheism is true there are no people" and my favourite "tide comes in tide comes out".

Translation: Reality is scary. So Religion.

I'm astonished that someone who's supposedly an academic (even if Theology isn't really academia) and who presumably spends their time thinking for a living can commit such a basic fallacy of thought.
    What the moral implications are of something are totally irrelevant to the facts of it.
    It'd be like if tomorrow they found out that race actually plays a part in intelligence. Loads of PC gob****es would be tripping over themselves to undermine it because it's too difficult for them to deal with.

Between his accent and the ****e he was expressing in it I couldn't stomach more than about 2 minutes. I gave up at "if atheism is true there is no science."

What an ignorant fool.

What the actual **** is he talking about. This guy is actually getting paid. Think about that for a moment.............finished?..............now realise that there definitely isn't a god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

542354_10150862827171275_841130839_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

I have to encourage everyone to watch this video from "an expert on modern atheism". If you can make it through to the end that is.

Sorry, couldn't even get past three minutes, the kind of nonsensical mental treachery it takes for someone to speak like that with conviction gives me a migraine, the manner in which that man's brain must isolate and compartmentalise information is simply outstanding. Somebody should study him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

1KpID.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Why Study Atheism with Conor Cunningham
    Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

I have to encourage everyone to watch this video from "an expert on modern atheism". If you can make it through to the end that is. You will laugh, cry, wat and rage:).

It's really quite strange how the same University can produce such twaddle while at the same time producing something as brilliant as http://www.sixtysymbols.com/

That was piss poor, There wasnt a holocost if atheism is true, ffs ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

5615802_460s_v1.jpg

Also from BBC6 Music's "Made Up Joke Party":

How does the Pope pay for his online purchases?
    With his Papal account.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement