Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

'An expert on Modern Atheism'???

Antique Atheism - I do not believe the Gods exist.... I'll get me robe.

Medieval Atheism - I do not believe God exists - I do believe this fire exists and it burns and arrrggggggghhhhh!

Early Modern Atheism - I do not believe God exists. Ohhhh look, both Catholics and Protestants are trying to kill me.

Modern Atheism - I do not believe God exists so bog off me pint is getting warm.

Post-Modern Atheism - I do not believe.

Deconstructed Atheism - Believe I God exist not.

Well that was easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Futurama had a point when it said theologists had a degree in baloney. :pac:

BTW, my phone's autocorrect doesn't recognise the word "theology". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

224807.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

995_527638800595598_845215268_n.jpg
    ;)

224839.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement

207214_176612459057756_5979974_n.jpg

2011-10-05.png
    hAAA! Why have I never seen jesusandmo before? May have to post them all...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

You dont know sh... Literally! How can dog sh*t and lamb sh*t be equally dirty. If you consider dog sh*t and lamb sh*t equally dirty then you have no clue what is dirt and what is not dirt.
    I bet you never had your hands in clay!

I would gladly have a lamb sh*t sandwich rather than a ham sandwich..Now you could never understand that..because you are detached from nature.

This Christian Dietry laws took the buscuit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

muppeteer wrote: »

I have to encourage everyone to watch this video from "an expert on modern atheism". If you can make it through to the end that is. You will laugh, cry, wat and rage:).

Great lines include "if atheism is true there are no atheists", "if atheism is true there are no people" and my favourite "tide comes in tide comes out".

It's really quite strange how the same University can produce such twaddle while at the same time producing something as brilliant as http://www.sixtysymbols.com/

So I have to believe in God in the same way as I have to support a football team... or else the holocaust didn't happen...
    Wait I suppose he means any kind of sport.
    So if the holocaust didn't happen then ... wait... what if we're all like fish in a pond dreaming that we're people... but then morning comes and we wake up and it turns out that cars can't crash with out God.

Why did I watch that.

kiffer wrote: »
    So if the holocaust didn't happen then ... wait... what if we're all like fish in a pond dreaming that we're people... but then morning comes and we wake up and it turns out that cars can't crash with out God.

Why did I watch that.
    :eek:

Thanks for the research - think I'll save myself the head-melt. Go have a lie down eh?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Now we know what J C looks like! :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I'm reminded of this bit from 9:00 in the second hitchslap video:
    You can make up that as you go along as far as I can see. It was white noise -- White noise! -- what you're talking to me. Absolutely meaningless. I have to say that I make my living by scrutinizing words. It's what I do. Not a single thing you said made a word of sense to me. And I don't think it would if written down either. [...] Its ingratiating tone. And the unctuousness of it. And the extreme imprecision. That's what I don't like.

Mr Cunningham's homepage is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

antisemittisme.jews-thumb-400x600.jpg

Jews_113db2_135601.jpg

robindch wrote: »
    I'm reminded of this bit from 9:00 in the second hitchslap video:

What a profoundly attractive man he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭muppeteer

Pulsar Map Tattoo.

Homage to science, or a very optimistic "If found please return to" map:)
    26Nzl.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Bumped to the top of my "If I ever get a tattoo" list

• Moderators Posts: 51,792 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_mc1yct9lmL1qjppbmo1_500.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

funny11.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

20120627.gif
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v
    v

20120627after.gif

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Worztron wrote: »

Ad underneath goes to this site:

http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html?gclid=CJvP2sCHjbMCFc-K4QodIHoA4Q

There is no humour in it, its just really, really irritating. You don't know the answer, therefore the answer must be God, not simply, we just don't know YET. Trying to make it sound scientific I suppose is what really bugs me, I almost prefer the I have faith just because I was told to, this illogical justification makes me want to bang my head of a wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Nobody says it like Billy Connolly:

atheistcartoons10Pw4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭b318isp

[-0-] wrote: »
    Nobody says it like Billy Connolly:

Blasphemy! Oh, he has a beard - so it's OK then.

demotivational-poster-23023.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Bumped to the top of my "If I ever get a tattoo" list
    It's in my top 3. My others are a scarab beetle rolling my nipple across the "sky" and eyes on my eyelids. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,940 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It's in my top 3. My others are a scarab beetle rolling my nipple across the "sky"

:confused:
    and eyes on my eyelids. :D

Like this? tumblr_l3rku9s4ji1qbsvbio1_500.jpg :pac:

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,940 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Pulsar Map Tattoo.

That's pretty damn cool.

Am I the only former ten year old who thought the naked chick on Voyager Pioneer was hot?

204px-Pioneer_plaque_spacecraft.svg.png

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

ninja900 wrote: »
    That's pretty damn cool.

Am I the only former ten year old who thought the naked chick on Voyager Pioneer was hot?

204px-Pioneer_plaque_spacecraft.svg.png

No.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement