Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

This is from notalwaysright.com, a collection of horror stories from the service industry...

(My partner and I are certified EMTs. We are answering a 911 response for a minor having a seizure.)
    Mother: “Oh, thank god! My son is in his room and was violently shaking! I think he had a seizure!”
    (At this point my partner goes in to see the teenage son, who is sitting in his bed and is not showing any symptoms of recently having a seizure. I am still getting information from the mother when my partner returns.)
    My Partner: *to me* “You can stop getting info.” *to mother* “Ma’am, with all due respect needed, you’re son did not have a seizure, he was umm… well, no easy way to put this, but he was masturbating.”
    Mother: “That’s impossible! How dare you accuse my son of such a vile sin! He knows better! He’s a good Christian boy and would never touch himself in such a horrible way! You will transport him to the hospital for proper treatment for his seizure!”
    Me: “Ma’am, your son is admitting to my partner what he was doing. He is not showing any symptoms of coming out of an actual seizure. There is no medical condition here for anyone to treat. I don’t think there is a need for him to go to the hospital.”
    Mother: “You will take him to the hospital! He needs treatment!”
    (After 15 unsuccessful minutes of trying to get the mother to cooperate, it’s obvious she wasn’t going to. We ended up having to transport her son to the ER. Needless to say, he was mortified and was quickly discharged.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

pauldla wrote: »
    This is from notalwaysright.com, a collection of horror stories from the service industry...

(My partner and I are certified EMTs. We are answering a 911 response for a minor having a seizure.)
    Mother: “Oh, thank god! My son is in his room and was violently shaking! I think he had a seizure!”
    (At this point my partner goes in to see the teenage son, who is sitting in his bed and is not showing any symptoms of recently having a seizure. I am still getting information from the mother when my partner returns.)
    My Partner: *to me* “You can stop getting info.” *to mother* “Ma’am, with all due respect needed, you’re son did not have a seizure, he was umm… well, no easy way to put this, but he was masturbating.”
    Mother: “That’s impossible! How dare you accuse my son of such a vile sin! He knows better! He’s a good Christian boy and would never touch himself in such a horrible way! You will transport him to the hospital for proper treatment for his seizure!”
    Me: “Ma’am, your son is admitting to my partner what he was doing. He is not showing any symptoms of coming out of an actual seizure. There is no medical condition here for anyone to treat. I don’t think there is a need for him to go to the hospital.”
    (After 15 unsuccessful minutes of trying to get the mother to cooperate, it’s obvious she wasn’t going to. We ended up having to transport her son to the ER. Needless to say, he was mortified and was quickly discharged.)
    I hope they invoiced the mother.

Liamario wrote: »
    I hope they invoiced the mother.

Obamacare.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

muppeteer wrote: »

I have to encourage everyone to watch this video from "an expert on modern atheism". If you can make it through to the end that is. You will laugh, cry, wat and rage:).

Great lines include "if atheism is true there are no atheists", "if atheism is true there are no people" and my favourite "tide comes in tide comes out".

It's really quite strange how the same University can produce such twaddle while at the same time producing something as brilliant as http://www.sixtysymbols.com/

...Never wanna watch a football game again..

EDIT:
    forgot to add my fav bit:
    "I don't want to swear... but that is absolute PANTS"

• Moderators Posts: 51,792 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_mc83unaNah1rt8sgdo1_500.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Seen this on 9GAG

5654104_460s_v1.jpg

tumblr_mc7kbcNhtq1rt8sgdo1_1280.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

How does a Jewish guy make tea?

Hebrews it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

Aenaes wrote: »
    Seen this on 9GAG

5654104_460s_v1.jpg

It's disgraceful that that question is on a test in the first place let alone the answers given to choose from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

shizz wrote: »
    It's disgraceful that that question is on a test in the first place let alone the answers given to choose from.

Its disgraceful that that question was on a test in a teacher training college for the kind of teacher that set and marked that test in the first place, let alone that its disgraceful that that question is on a test in the first place, let alone the answers given to choose from.....[takes deep breath]

;)

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Calibos wrote: »
    Its disgraceful that that question was on a test in a teacher training college for the kind of teacher that set and marked that test in the first place, let alone that its disgraceful that that question is on a test in the first place, let alone the answers given to choose from.....[takes deep breath]

;)

:D
    Woh woh, which teacher training college is that from?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Woh woh, which teacher training college is that from?

Well not exactly that question but...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056553324

tumblr_mcatalBSqD1rt8sgdo1_500.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Attention, attention. The world is 6017 years old today!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ussher_chronology

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

robindch wrote: »

Ah yes - Archbishop Ussher and his demonstration of how well the leader's of our little island race are at maths. A proud tradition still held up by our current leaders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

167401_327205794022389_672697472_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

daily_picdump_1075_640_high_60.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

robindch wrote: »

Methodology

Participants - One old God fearin loon

Materials. This study was performed with tools such as the Bible, a quill pen, some ink and a lot of imagination

Method. - The participant read the bible, day dreamed, recorded day dream and came up with new accounts that were never part of the bible in the first place. Other additions were pure guesswork but can be taken as truth purley because if the participant thought, imagined ir guessed it , it was God who put idea in his head

Results- Utter nonsence to be taken seriously to other God fearin folk

Discussion - No one should pay any heed to anything said by God Fearin people sprouting anything from the book. Future expirements could include the formation of the Bible 2- Re Genisis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

4Mf4U.jpg

• Advertisement

God Distances Self From Christian Right
    THE HEAVENS—Responding to inflammatory remarks made by Republican Senate candidate Richard Mourdock during a Tuesday night debate, Our Lord God The Almighty Father today sought to distance Himself both from Mourdock and from the entire right-wing, fundamentalist Christian movement, sources confirmed.

“I want to make one thing absolutely clear: Mr. Mourdock’s comments from last night in no way reflect my position on this or any other issue,” said the Divine Creator, speaking at a press conference this afternoon in response to Mourdock’s remarks that rape-induced pregnancies were God’s intent. “And, furthermore, I would like to take this opportunity to say definitively that I, God, do not officially sanction or condone the words or actions of anyone involved in the fanatical, conservative Christian faction that Mr. Mourdock represents.”

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

"Some commentators think God didn't go far enough with his remarks".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

No nudity, but probably a bit NSFW anyway :) enjoy:

http://mormonmissionarypositions.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Links234 wrote: »
    No nudity, but probably a bit NSFW anyway :) enjoy:

http://mormonmissionarypositions.com/

(pictures Mitt and Ann Romney in 'Mare and Swing')

6193217076_11f22f10d0_z.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Thanks Penn.
    I'm now going to have to bleach my brain to remove that mental image.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,236 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Lost episode of Carl Sagan's Cosmos found:
    http://boingboing.net/2012/10/25/carl-sagans-cosmos-the-meat.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

pauldla wrote: »

i'm surprised no-one picked up on this.

The Universal Label:

225833.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

shizz wrote: »
    It was, apparently, a geography test.

MrP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement