Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

dogma.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

me400godfanclub.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

^^ Sponsored by Setanta Sports! ^^

setanta_sports.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Dolphin Church!

If any of you are feeling a bit under the weather you should definitely get yourselves healed with Dolphin Energy, courtesy of www.dolphinheartworld.com.

You'll need to sign up to six "Dolphin Attunement" classes ($300 each - expensive but worth it) to fully recieve the power of the Dolphin.

This is how it works:
    The Dolphin Attunements are a series of six sacred initiations, delivered directly by the Dolphin Consciousness. They take place at a level beyond human understanding… beyond what can be conceptualized or put into words. In linear time, an Attunement is received in a matter of minutes. But several months or more are required to fully absorb and assimilate the quantum leap frequency shift that a single Dolphin Attunement sets into motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Overblood wrote: »
    Dolphin Church!

If any of you are feeling a bit under the weather you should definitely get yourselves healed with Dolphin Energy, courtesy of www.dolphinheartworld.com.

You'll need to sign up to six "Dolphin Attunement" classes ($300 each - expensive but worth it) to fully recieve the power of the Dolphin.

This is how it works:

Ahaha that's hysterical. Reverse the polarity of the dolphonic energy matrix! Is the Quantum Leap Frequency Shift coalescing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I love QI :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Overblood wrote: »
    Dolphin Church!

This is how it works:

That's the weirdest website ever! People love dolphins for 1 reason: it looks like they're smiling and they're permentantly happy

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

A married couple were on vacation in Jerusalem when the wife took ill and dies suddenly. The husband was told it would cost either €5,000 to ship her body back to Ireland or €500 to have her buried in Jerusalum. The husband opted to have her shipped back to Ireland.
    "Would it not be better to have her buried here in the Holy Land?" asked a local.
    The husband replied, "They say a very long time ago a man died here and came back to life 3 days later. I can't take that chance!"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

As Fark puts it:
    Some Guy wrote:
    "Keep religion out of public schools."
    "HELP WE'RE BEING OPPRESSED"
    "Ok, then let's teach kids about every religion instead of just yours."
    "HELP WE'RE BEING OPPRESSED"
    A Canadian judge has ruled that there is no 'right of ignorance' stated in or implied by the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and therefore, that parents do not have a right to demand that schools pretend that religions other than that of a child's parents don't exist:

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=1956333

Interesting to see, btw, that the Canadians changed their constitution in 1997 to replace schools segregated along religious lines, with schools segregated along linguistic lines (which is hardly better, but at least it's a limp in the right direction).

• Advertisement

And here's one from the WTF-zone, it's an advertizing campaign run by a megachurch in Michigan which points believers to this peculiar website.

Check out Satan's videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

a bizarre pisstake of scientology

http://vimeo.com/6440204

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

89957.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Not quite religious, but I think most users here will appreciate.

db090906.gif

motivator38e7127e5c87178f31ab054e3879396a12d65ce3.jpg

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

atheist-and-god.gif

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

90046.jpg

90093.jpeg

Ray Comfort, well-known to his many fans for his outstanding "bananas-fit-in-my-hand-therefore-god-exists" youtube clip, published a book in February with the splendidly catchy title, "You Can Lead an Atheist to Evidence, But You Can't Make Him Think". A long string of one-star reviews lead Mr Comfort to conclude that a bunch of atheists had organized an Online Plot to discredit him!

Read the reviews, they're here, especially the "most helpful favorable review". And comments.

robindch wrote: »
    Ray Comfort, well-known to his many fans for his outstanding "bananas-fit-in-my-hand-therefore-god-exists" youtube clip, published a book in February with the splendidly catchy title, "You Can Lead an Atheist to Evidence, But You Can't Make Him Think". A long string of one-star reviews lead Mr Comfort to conclude that a bunch of atheists had organized an Online Plot to discredit him!

Read the reviews, they're here, especially the "most helpful favorable review". And comments.

The positive reviews are just as funny.

• Advertisement

robindch wrote: »

Yes, it's a conspiracy. That's why your book gets bad reviews, as opposed to you being the man who thought the banana, which has been altered far beyond it's natural state by human intervention, was proof of God's existence and I.D.

Did somebody say... priest with guns???!!?!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Galvasean wrote: »
    Yes, it's a conspiracy. That's why your book gets bad reviews, as opposed to you being the man who thought the banana, which has been altered far beyond it's natural state by human intervention, was proof of God's existence and I.D.

In the "conspiracy" link he says:
    "I simply expose atheistic evolution for the unscientific fairy tale that it is, and I do it with common logic. I ask questions about where the female came from for each species. Every male dog, cat, horse, elephant, giraffe, fish and bird had to have coincidentally evolved with a female alongside it (over billions of years) with fully evolved compatible reproductive parts and a desire to mate, otherwise the species couldn't keep going. Evolution has no explanation for the female for every species in creation," he said.

My mind boggles - do you laugh or cry at that? Maybe it's just really clever satire?

Once again opponents of evolution show off just how little they know about it. :(

Galvasean wrote: »
    Did somebody say... priest with guns???!!?!?!?

So, basically Battle Royale, but with assassins (and a priest) instead of schoolkids, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

So, basically Battle Royale, but with assassins (and a priest) instead of schoolkids, yeah?

Don't forget the phantom bus... everyone loves phantom bus

Also to add:

atheist_in_foxholes.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Stupid feckin' image expiring...
    Link here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

In light of today's Cartoon controversy thread...

ofarrell5.gif

Pretty much.

• Advertisement

I suppose you've all heard about those recently discovered hominids from Georgia? info.

Well, it would seem that the Creationists have jumped on this as proof that evolution is wrong and therefore God exists.
    *sigh*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement