Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Seen in the Mall of The Emirates in UAE a couple of days ago -- looks like the "Religion of Peace" has intractable problems with affection.

244069.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Oh. I kind of enjoyed watching him froth at the mouth about his crazy waffle. Not enough to miss him, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

I know he's not pope anymore.

cKsArxx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

robindch wrote: »
    Seen in the Mall of The Emirates in UAE a couple of days ago -- looks like the "Religion of Peace" has intractable problems with affection.

244069.JPG

Shoulders send me in to a frenzy anyway I dunno about anyone else, saw someone's ankles once I nearly passed out. Damn harlots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

krudler wrote: »
    Shoulders send me in to a frenzy anyway I dunno about anyone else, saw someone's ankles once I nearly passed out. Damn harlots.

Imagine my torment - everyday I have to see a woman's ankles. For a lesbianist such as I tis torture. Especially as they are my own ankles so I may also be a ...kitty killer :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Apologies if repost, just saw it now.

542787_576041962406936_1074873032_n.jpg

I don't always LOL.

But when I do, it tends to be at jokes mocking Catholicism.

1. Ahmadinejad says that Hugo Chaves will be resurrect alongside Jesus.
    2. Iranian Clerics become cheesed off.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2013/0308/breaking43.html
    Senior Iranian clerics have criticised president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad for saying the late Venezuelan president Hugo Chávez will be resurrected alongside Jesus Christ and the hidden imam who Shia Muslims believe will rise up to bring world peace. Iran declared a day of national mourning on Wednesday after the death of Chávez, who shared the Islamic Republic's loathing for what they both called US imperialism.

Mr Ahmadinejad was among at least two dozen leaders travelling to Venezuela to attend Chávez's funeral today. In a condolence letter posted on his personal website on Wednesday, Mr Ahmadinejad said he was certain that Chávez "will return" along with Jesus Christ and Imam Mahdi, who devout Shia Muslims believe went into hiding in the 10th century and will reappear one day to spread justice in the world.

But Mr Ahmadinejad's comments angered some religious officials in Iran. "The terms Mr Ahmadinejad used to describe the Venezuelan president are not appropriate for us," the semi-official Mehr news agency quoted Ghorbanali Dorri Najafabadi, a cleric and a senior member of the assembly of experts, as saying. "One can naturally send a diplomatic letter without getting into religious discussions," Friday prayer leader Ahmad Khatami was quoted as saying by Iranian media, adding that he believed Mr Ahmadinejad's decision to do so was wrong.

According to the parliamentary news agency Icana, politician Mohammad Taqi Rahbar said yesterday Mr Ahmadinejad's comments were "certainly wrong and exaggerated". While the return of the 12th imam is a core Shi'ite belief, the issue of which mortal souls will return with him on resurrection day is rarely discussed in the Islamic Republic. Mr Ahmadinejad, whose second and final term in office ends in June, has increasingly fallen foul of more conservative elements within Iran's establishment. Among their criticisms is that Mr Ahmadinejad and his close allies are overly preoccupied with the return of Imam Mahdi.

Mr Ahmadinejad and Chávez had sought closer ties between their geographically distant countries, although action on joint social and military projects often lagged behind their rhetoric. Chávez died on Tuesday at age 58 after a two-year battle with cancer. The United States had looked askance at Venezuela's warm relationship with Iran, fearing that Caracas could give Tehran an economic lifeline as it struggles to stave off pressure from sanctions over its nuclear activities.

Iran denies seeking a nuclear weapons capability and says it has the right to develop its own nuclear fuel cycle under its membership of the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

90lljxq.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

13880_628147340533991_1000883691_n.jpg

31437_422225267870299_235384942_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I read this interaction on the Independent online this morning (Yes, I know, I'm going to Hell), about a famous Dublin barrister who died with assets of over €3,259,507, but with a net value of zero.

The following is one of his exchanges with James Gogarty during the Flood tribunal:
    Gogarty: Well, I sat in the back of the car and Junior was in the front of it, and I had the envelope in my pocket and we were going along, and I don’t think there was a whole lot said, but I said that – I remember saying that – would we get a receipt for the money, and Bailey said: ‘Will we, fcuk’.

Colm Allen SC: You allege that Mister Michael Bailey said, if you excuse the rather rugged language: ‘Will we, fcuk’.

Gogarty: That’s right.

Colm Allen SC: I presume, Mr Gogarty, that it wasn’t an invitation.

Gogarty: I beg your pardon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

1. Ahmadinejad says that Hugo Chaves will be resurrect alongside Jesus.
    2. Iranian Clerics become cheesed off.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2013/0308/breaking43.html

It looks like he's in the crapper again with the clericists:
    Ahmadinejad criticized for hugging Hugo Chavez’s mother.
    Religious conservatives said the act insulted Iran's religious dignity and amounted to "haram" – a term used to describe a religiously forbidden act under Islamic rules.

I thought that there was no haram to it at all, but then again, I'm not a religious nutter.

More here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Ah, the religion of peace and compassion strikes again. Suicide bombings - fine, stoning to death - fine, whippings - fine, beheadings - fine, rape - fine, hugging a grieving mother at her sons funeral - eh, i don't fúcking think so sunshine, allah would not approve:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Well you know, one must be wary of allowing one's passions to become inflamed. Everyone knows that funerals are just a powderkeg of sexual tension and a woman is never more aroused than when grieving for a dead child.

My friend Joe was at a funeral once that was just so intense, an orgy nearly broke out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I can well imagine - ankles on show everywhere, no doubt!

All those black lacy mourning dresses... <has a lie down>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Just have a cold shower. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Just have a cold shower. :pac:

He'll be naked!
    The temptation may be too strong!

• Advertisement

Stop posting the word naked! I feel unsafe!

244593.jpg

Vatican "accidentally" buys largest gay sauna in Europe.

Yeah. "Accidentally" my left bollock. There's a cardinal living right next to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Sarky wrote: »
    Vatican "accidentally" buys largest gay sauna in Europe.

Yeah. "Accidentally" my left bollock. There's a cardinal living right next to the it.
    As cardinals gather to elect Pope, Catholic officials break into a sweat over news that €23m investment includes gay sauna

Sexy sweat?

Well if the "bear night" description is anything to go by, I can't imagine it being any other type of sweat.

That article screams out for a better headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

There's a cardinal living right next to it.
    According to the article, the cardinal lives right on top of the sweaty gay men. Although apparently he doesn't use their entrance.

You'd think the club music at 2am every night would have tipped him off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

That article screams out for a better headline.

G'wan my son.

• Advertisement

Obliq wrote: »
    G'wan my son.
    Well, "Vatican Overlooks Gay Sauna" was a bit obvious (and not very funny) while "Vatican Ignored Gays in Bottom" is unlikely, but has some mileage I suppose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement