Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,792 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

537942_462691590477700_251032760_n.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

249606.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

tumblr_mlc77edDdO1rlzfo2o1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Possibly NSFW
    cv5ZlZS.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Liamario wrote: »

So it's ok to play a game that asks to kill lots and lots and lots and LOTS of people. But it's not ok to play a game that asks you to pour water on your forehead. Well, that just makes perfect sense now doesn't it. On another note, what about if your sacred belief meant women didn't have equal rights and the game forced you to take orders from a female superior?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

It stories like that that make me wonder whether there is a funny side to religion. Stupidity makes me angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Liamario wrote: »

I like the way he could not be baptised as its blasphemous howver killing people (in the game) he has no problem with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Let's not forget
    being encouraged to torture black people by flinging baseballs at them
    . Probably fine too. But press a button to make a fictional character do something he doesn't care about in order to achieve his goals? OMG OUTRAEG.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I can't believe there's not been a ****storm about Bioshock Infinite among devout Muslims yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

evol-superstition.jpg
    My new catchphrase. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Jernal wrote: »
    On another note, what about if your sacred belief meant women didn't have equal rights and the game forced you to take orders from a female superior?

That's ok, as long as there will be cake.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If one person has an imaginary friend, they're crazy, if many people have the same imaginary friend it's religion?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I can't believe there's not been a ****storm about Bioshock Infinite among devout Muslims yet.

Explain please.
    I keep my game playing for the bedroom!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Explain please.
    Nice, widescreen tv and xbox setup? That's what you meant, right? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

wxJ1Gxc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,940 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Explain please.
    I was thinking that because BI involves being baptised in order to advance in the game, they would view that as subverting their own religion or something along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Nice, widescreen tv and xbox setup? That's what you meant, right? :confused:

Yea, that's what i meant!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

540748_329076273885300_1830612993_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

^^

Thank God (or Allah) he covered up. He was looking far too sexy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    ^^

Thank God (or Allah) he covered up. He was looking far too sexy.

Photo #3 nearly turned me straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

top-33-most-beautiful-abandoned-places-in-the-world-110.jpg

250085.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

tumblr_mlhxiggaoM1rlzfo2o1_500.jpg

250114.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Man Sues Bishop for Failing to Exorcise Flatulent Demons

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304985/Romanian-lawyer-sues-bishop-priests-claiming-failed-properly-exorcise-flatulent-demons-house.html
    Daily Mail wrote:
    A Romanian lawyer is suing his local Orthodox bishop and four priests claiming they failed to properly exorcise flatulent demons that were forcing him out of his home.

Madalin Ciculescu, 34, accused the five of fraud after they turned up several times to exercise the demons which were responsible for the bad smells that were ruining his business. He claimed that after the failed exorcism the demons even started haunting him at his home at Pitesti in Arges County in central Romania.

The case alleging 'religious malpractice' is reportedly the first time there has been such an allegation made in a Romanian court. The four priests had all tried and failed to exorcise the demons, according to the legal papers that named bishop Constantin Argatu, even though he had not been to the property, as he was in charge of the priests who had been there.

The case has already been rejected by a lower court in Romania and was rejected again this week by the Romanian High Court, but now the businessmen says he plans to go to the European Court of Human Rights. He told the court: 'If they (the accused) represent the way of God then God's ways are crooked. They did not remove the demons that made these bad smells as they promised to do, and I still see all sorts of demons in the form of animals, usually crows but also other such things, that are making my life miserable.

'When I am at home they switch the TV on and off all the time, they make foul smells that give me headaches and basically roam unhindered around my house and my business.' The man produced his mother to back up his claim saying that even the hair-dryer was possessed and a black shadow came out of it when anyone tried to use it - and she also said the fridge was infested by the flatulent demons that she confirmed left foul smells about the property.

But the lawyer for the Archdiocese from Arges, Anton Alin, rejected the allegation of fraud saying that the exorcism had been properly carried out and they believed the allegations of further demons and more bad smells were simply a product of the man's imagination.
    The Romanian court agreed with the church and rejected the application against Bishop Argatu as well as priests Ionut Cret Ovidiu, Gheorghe Nicut, Marius Dumitrescu and Gheorghe Dunitru - and ordered Ciculescu to pay legal costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

So the first time he started seeing things it was legit, but after the priest said some words and sprinkled some water about, well, he was clearly mad if he was seeing things.

Jesus wept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Sarky wrote: »
    So the first time he started seeing things it was legit, but after the priest said some words and sprinkled some water about, well, he was clearly mad if he was seeing things.

Jesus wept.
    I can't believe that someone stood up in court and said with a straight face "No, judge, you see, the first lot of demons, they were real. We got rid of them. But these other demons, you surely don't believe there were more?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 34,906 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

He should have asked them about the terms of the guarantee before handing over any money. Tch.
    'When I am at home they switch the TV on and off all the time, they make foul smells that give me headaches and basically roam unhindered around my house and my business.'

Sounds like something my wife would say :pac:

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

P5ShIbX.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement