Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

endacl wrote: »
    Anybody else getting the 'is there a god? Click to see 6 reasons god exists' ad at the bottom of this page?

Adblock extension my friend, it makes the internet a better place.

Add to that, Google Dictionary and Lazarus are great extensions that come in awful handy. Lazarus especially for Boards or Facebook or wherever you regularly type as it saves your text and allows you to recovery it easily in the event of you losing it by clicking back or whatever.

As for why you're getting that particular ad, they're all relative to your Internet usage and so if you're on forums like this regularly or search stuff similar to this on Google, its going to bring up stuff related to God or Atheism.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Give this a read, it's quite funny http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2013/05/03/abortion-morally-unacceptable-unless-its-covered-up-properly-says-vatican/

"Abortion morally unacceptable unless it's covered up properly" says Vatican

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Knex. wrote: »
    As for why you're getting that particular ad, they're all relative to your Internet usage and so if you're on forums like this regularly or search stuff similar to this on Google, its going to bring up stuff related to God or Atheism.
    Jebus! Even d'interwebs is into the funny side of religion. Or is Skynet an evangalist?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

What I wanna know is: are any of those 6 reasons not bollocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Sarky wrote: »
    What I wanna know is: are any of those 6 reasons not bollocks?
    Really? You have to ask? Have you had a stroke or something?

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Is it rude to sit in this chair? Definitely awkward to have sex on. . . . . but it could be done.

8b7ce660a2427cdfba811e7ba1a6a0662e4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Wow! WHERE are those chairs? They're amazing - I want to see more pictures! Is it more "sitting on the loving lap of Jesus" that the craftsperson is aiming for tho......
    Just a thought ;)

HIS4MQ9.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Is it rude to sit in this chair? Definitely awkward to have sex on. . . . . but it could be done.

8b7ce660a2427cdfba811e7ba1a6a0662e4.jpg

Johnnys got you covered

If I had my own house I would surround the kitchen table with those chairs so Puppet Jesus can stare at the backs of everyone's head with his dead little eyes...

• Advertisement

That's creeping me out now. I don't like the chairs anymoar.

Obliq wrote: »
    Wow! WHERE are those chairs? They're amazing - I want to see more pictures! Is it more "sitting on the loving lap of Jesus" that the craftsperson is aiming for tho......
    Just a thought ;)

The chair is reasonably priced at US $700!!

Christina Gallagher could probably sort you out with a cushion, with 'holy' Mary's face printed on for a few grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

The chair is reasonably priced at US $700!!

Christina Gallagher could probably sort you out with a cushion, with 'holy' Mary's face printed on for a few grand.

pc04_grande.png?2177

Just $100 USD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

252660.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

My face after 5 mins in the other forum.

HuhAYVr.gif

Stay cool :D The moderates all back off when a reasoned debate occurs that contradicts religious dogma. Gotta expect the haters gonna hate...

Stay cool :D The moderates all back off when a reasoned debate occurs that contradicts religious dogma. Gotta expect the haters gonna hate...

I'm very suspicious of any religious people who make sense. I watched an episode of the Australian Q&A last night on YouTube, featuring Lawrence Krauss. The christian guy didn't foam at the mouth or get hysterical and supported a lot of what Krauss was saying. A little disconcerting. My thoughts were, "what's this guy up to?" "Is he trying a different approach?"

I only discovered that gif today and it had me in stitches. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

252674.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

I'm very suspicious of any religious people who make sense. I watched an episode of the Australian Q&A last night on YouTube, featuring Lawrence Krauss. The christian guy didn't foam at the mouth or get hysterical and supported a lot of what Krauss was saying. A little disconcerting. My thoughts were, "what's this guy up to?" "Is he trying a different approach?"
    Hmmm, yes, not the devil we know.....
    I only discovered that gif today and it had me in stitches. :D

It's brilliant! My problem is remembering when to use them....

Hmmm, yes, not the devil we know.....

It's brilliant! My problem is remembering when to use them....

Handy tip.

Get yourself an imgur account. (I think you can log in with your Facebook or gmail account). If you come across any gifs you want to keep, save to your pc, then upload into your imgur gallery. Maybe even create a gif folder on imgur. Now you have access to all your gifs, as long as you have internet access. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

*still uses photobucket*

Me too. Am I old and not "with it" any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

*Bookmarks the gifs in chrome.*:o

Jernal wrote: »
    *Bookmarks the gifs in chrome.*:o

tumblr_mf3lznIrFY1rvzdh2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I search with google-fu.

Sarky wrote: »

Tbh, I never thought too deeply about it. Name the bookmark as a description of the gif and just bookmark them. Then search for them if I need them. It's quite quick. :o

Jernal wrote: »
    Tbh, I never thought too deeply about it. Name the bookmark as a description of the gif and just bookmark them. Then search for them if I need them. It's quite quick. :o

Oohhhh....tumblr_mgdjt94RB01rl07gno1_500.gif

Galvasean wrote: »
    *still uses photobucket*

V6G5w53.gif

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Ye guys crack me up. Thanks.
    No matter how much of a pissy ass day I have, the funnies make right with the world.

• Advertisement

Kivaro wrote: »
    Ye guys crack me up. Thanks.
    No matter how much of a pissy ass day I have, the funnies make right with the world.

tumblr_mdvquw146M1rhy1b1o1_400.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement