Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Kivaro wrote: »
    Why don't they say mass for fine weather in winter?

Hint: There is a better chance of fine weather happening in the summer, which will be credited to the mass.

Although fine weather is maybe more important in the summer, for crops and the like?

So it may be as much a sort of ritual for the sake of agriculture as anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

hmm number of masses devoted to asking god for a few sunny days: 1, number of masses devoted to asking god to end world hunger: 0. Priorities in the right place there!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

256575.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Undergod wrote: »
    Although fine weather is maybe more important in the summer, for crops and the like?

So it may be as much a sort of ritual for the sake of agriculture as anything.

Yep, there would be a lot of farmers in my community. The mass is obviously not working though, as drizziling and cloudy all day yesterday.It's meant to be scorching today, which I'm sure will be attributed to the mass. Apparently, theyve been saying a weekly mass for the weather for the last month. Hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

robindch wrote: »
    devil's bridge
    Something wasn't quite clicking with this then I realised: the picture is rotated so the river is on the rhs of the pic. The picture is then cropped ignoring half of the bridge past the central span.
    Sums it up though choosing part of the picture to see what you want to see

• Advertisement

256587.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

panda100 wrote: »
    Yep, there would be a lot of farmers in my community. The mass is obviously not working though, as drizziling and cloudy all day yesterday.It's meant to be scorching today, which I'm sure will be attributed to the mass. Apparently, theyve been saying a weekly mass for the weather for the last month. Hilarious

Sure, obviously it's not going to work.

I was dealing with the specific claim that they hold it in summer because during the summer it's more likely to appear to work - I don't really think that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I was dealing with the specific claim that they hold it in summer because during the summer it's more likely to appear to work - I don't really think that's the case.

I suppose it is similar to the "return to mean" which explains why homeopathy sometimes appear to work.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEo9JhrAoLDyq2INdsf7vLa7lUPqyzuAOttJb0X6_MsQ4Ixzii

All I see is Sauron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

I don't know, it certainly lacks ambition. If they prayed really hard could they not get us a longer growing period by claiming January, February and October November for more clement weather?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I do like this...

256664.jpg

MrP

• Moderators Posts: 51,792 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_mnt9c69RWt1r6gk4zo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mnszj1v7Ib1soe7o9o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mnsvghIJwd1rl99hdo1_500.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

tumblr_mnsqzrgoE71sse5zho1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

256693.jpg

tumblr_mntdugHxeI1qgjeodo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mnu3baw0eA1raw1oio1_500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Yeah, back to the funnies, sorry.

SniperRaptorJesus.jpg
    84VDFTp.jpg

256701.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Worztron wrote: »
    256693.jpg

On a similar note.

9MZThMG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Humour is subjective but the last 22 posts were unfunny in my eyes and I don't give a sh*t about yer opinions! Make this thread funny again or Sarky gets it! ! !

Sincerely,
    A bitter Mod.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

944814_463925593675938_59882712_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

Ezekiel 4:12-13:
    "And thou shalt eat it [as] barley cakes, and thou shalt bake it with dung that cometh out of man, in their sight. And the LORD said, Even thus shall the children of Israel eat their defiled bread among the Gentiles, whither I will drive them."
    :eek:

Ezekiel 4:15:
    "Then he said unto me, Lo, I have given thee cow's dung for man's dung, and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith."
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭sephir0th

lolzyj5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

This isn't hilarious and I don't have a link but managed to watch the very start of a Nascar race yesterday and they had a pastor bless the race. The second thing out of his mouth was to bless Fedex for its sponsorship. I just had to have a laugh that they now put adverts in prayers in 'Murica.

256754.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Jernal wrote: »
    Humour is subjective but the last 22 posts were unfunny in my eyes and I don't give a sh*t about yer opinions! Make this thread funny again or Sarky gets it! ! !

Sincerely,
    A bitter Mod.

:eek::eek::eek:

2013-05-15.png

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Jernal wrote: »
    Make this thread funny again or Sarky gets it! ! !

Sincerely,
    A bitter Mod.

You touch our Sarky and you will pay.

Sincerely,
    A possessive Admin.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Penn wrote: »
    icTrzUuWlHI

By Vectron they should have just flogged Pete to death.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Beruthiel wrote: »
    You touch our Sarky and you will pay.

Sincerely,
    A possessive Admin.

Immunity, you say? :pac:

<3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement