Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Careful now, there's a mini stampede forming over there on the left.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Ray Comfort channels Ricky Gervais explaining how christianity works.

No mention of bananas or bibliophiles.

• Moderators Posts: 51,791 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

From YLYL :)

4Mj4EH.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

0007a847-970.jpg

This seems ideal for a caption competition..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sniffer dogs offend Muslims
    POLICE sniffer dogs trained to spot terrorists at railway stations may no longer come into contact with Muslim passengers – after complaints that it is against the suspects’ religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

biko wrote: »

Why not 'Muslims are free to exercise their choice not to frequent airports, if being in close proximity to a well trained dog offends their bizarre sensibilities'?

I'll have to wait for another Dead One rereg to get a rational answer to that one though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Maybe I can save time:

o brother endacl, tell why you are slave to atheist religion. dog is unclean, like woman who dress like whore for car commercial and make a mockery of her purity which is for married man. You may have already won. Close cover before striking.

Any clearer?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Sarky wrote: »
    Maybe I can save time:

o brother endacl, tell why you are slave to atheist religion. dog is unclean, like woman who dress like whore for car commercial and make a mockery of her purity which is for married man. You may have already won. Close cover before striking.

Any clearer?

Not really, but it read as authentic!

:)

possible solution is infidel police to use royal bacon hound of arabia- the Saluki he is immune to all prohibitions of Qu-eran..

sad but only royal prince may own bacon hound, so infidel police must have throat cut if get one.

problem solve by recruit brother sheikhs into police force

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

recedite wrote: »
    possible solution is infidel police to use royal bacon hound of arabia- the Saluki he is immune to all prohibitions of Qu-eran..

sad but only royal prince may own bacon hound, so infidel police must have throat cut if get one.

problem solve by recruit brother sheikhs into police force
    Come on. Who named them bacon dogs?! That's really just salt in the wound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,893 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Come on. Who named them bacon dogs?!

Korean restaurant owners? :pac:

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

So has anyone here ever done that barefoot climb of piety?

Croagh Patrick? I've climbed a few times but I wore shoes each time because I'm not an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

ninja900 wrote: »
    Korean restaurant owners? :pac:

Nah. No meat on a sighthound.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,893 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

If there's very little meat on it, or it's very difficult to get at what meat there is, or it tastes nasty, then just raise the price to a ridiculous level and call it a delicacy ;)

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Come on. Who named them bacon dogs?!
    is because of special bacon diet of dog - normal prohibitions of Qu-eran not apply to royal hound dog is very clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

972294_438845949545920_1984457204_n.jpg

So Breda O'Brien wrote something stupid, as she does. In the column is a very unfortunate picture of everyone's favourite Catholic apologist and general douchebag Ronan Mullen.

I thought I'd provide Mr. Mullen with a more suitable background to capture his sensitive side.

Both pics are totally safe for work, but may nevertheless cause violent nausea. And yes, It's a shoddy Photoshop. I make no apologies for spending as little time staring at his ugly mug as I could manage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Both pics are totally safe for work, but may nevertheless cause violent nausea.

You've a stronger stomach than me, ew. Fair play for the work (looking at his face), but yuck. Just yuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

<SNIP>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

969021_609423492457060_2098726720_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Authorities on the monastic sanctuary of Mount Athos say a group of monks facing eviction have attacked court bailiffs and police with rocks and petrol bombs.

No one was injured in the incident early on Monday outside the Esphigmenou monastery, one of 20 monasteries on the monks' penisula in the north of the country, and no arrests were reported.

Earlier, riot police had tried to break down the door of the monastery. The bailiffs later retreated from the site.

About 100 monks in the 1,000-year-old monastery have been involved in a years-old dispute with the spiritual leader of the world's Orthodox Christians, Ecumenical Patriarch Vartholomeos, over his efforts to improve relations with the Vatican.

http://www.enetenglish.gr/?i=news.en.article&id=1317

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Brazilians asked if they are insane.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/international/brazilians-asked-if-they-are-insane-2013072977265
    THREE million Brazil residents who attended a mass by the Pope have been asked what they were thinking.

The vast number of beautiful people took time out from drinking delicious lime-based cocktails and watching the world’s best arses walk past to listen to a 77-year-old virgin going on and on and on.

British psychologist Julian Cook said: “Firstly, you should see this place. It’s so awesome that you just want to grab a pair of coconuts and start tapping out a samba rhythm. Or dance with people dressed like sexy peacocks, or do any number of things that aren’t hearing a grim-faced pensioner telling you not to shag.

“The Brazilians I interviewed were saying something about eternal salvation but I was too busy thinking about how really, really hot it is here to take too much notice. I think the general gist was that if they listened very carefully they might be admitted to a different paradise than the one they currently live in.”

Brazil has long been a strongly Catholic country as early settlers believed this was the only way to guilt the common man into not going surfing all day. Brazilian Tony Motta said: “I went to the mass because I was curious to see whether anyone could make Copacabana beach not fun.

“Turns out the Pope can.”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Invert colors!

awr7O4y_700b.jpg

Isn't that the hispanic detective from Castle in the front right..?

Isn't that the hispanic detective from Castle in the front right..?

250px-RoyMontgomery.jpg
    ?

I've only seen the first few seasons, so you might be referring to someone else. :o

Ah yes. Forget that guy even existed. :o

I am shocked. He is comedy gold, sir!

• Advertisement

I am shocked. He is comedy gold, sir!

It has been several years since I've seen Castle. :P

This discussion has been closed.