Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Ah, thanks!

The original links, when I click them, are shorted with the "..." in the middle still in place, that's why they're not working. No idea why that is, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭Worztron

271824.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

272009.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    It's strange how scientology's ad campaigns sound a little humanist in language, remember that superbowl ad they did and someone just changed the "scientology" nameplate at the end to "atheism"? This one.

Scientologists / Atheists / Buddhists / Satanists / Nudists / Racists / Anarchists / Terrorists - I couldn't care less what group those women belong to, I want to join - they're all smoking hot.
    Sign me up this god damn instant!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Reminds me of some of the recent trends in the Catholic Church.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Reminds me of some of the recent trends in the Catholic Church.

That clip lead me to this one: The Good Samaritan. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

That clip lead me to this one: The Good Samaritan. :D

And that one lead me... We could be here for a while.

272163.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

578945_584588634912011_2054786017_n.jpg

Translation: "This here is the antichrist". I would give you the whole video but it's in greek. Poor furby :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Translation: "This here is the antichrist". I would give you the whole video but it's in greek. Poor furby :pac:

Shít. I really expected him to be a bit scarier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

Shít. I really expected him to be a bit scarier!

Furbies are plenty scary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    It's strange how scientology's ad campaigns sound a little humanist in language, remember that superbowl ad they did and someone just changed the "scientology" nameplate at the end to "atheism"? This one.

x0ZqQznblZo
    That ad is a "lifestyle ad", very American. It doesn't really show a product, it's shows successful happy people and then at the end there is some product placement. Very common in insurance etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Furbies are plenty scary.

Have you seen them without fur? *shudder*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

kylith wrote: »

Have you?????

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Have you?????

:eek:

Without fur and speaking German

Truly it is a cyborg hitler

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gu5smL_sco&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D-Gu5smL_sco

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

This is an interesting viewpoint!

1. The UK has laws that apply to muslims only

2. All muslims have hooks for hands.

3. Going "the whole hog" as a muslim

G87ZlKY.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

We set one on fire once. It didn't die...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I have a Tickle Me Elmo that I'm waiting for the batteries to die on. I can't wait to hear him several octaves lower growling "TICKLE. ELMO. AGAIN."

Sarky wrote: »
    I have a Tickle Me Elmo that I'm waiting for the batteries to die on. I can't wait to hear him several octaves lower growling "TICKLE. ELMO. AGAIN."

Sonofmine was always asking if he could have a monkey. For his 21st I got him an interactive robot monkey - fecking thing is freaky scary and is now up in the attic - we still occasionally hear it demanding cuddles :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I hope you nailed the attic hatch shut, and then set fire to the house. It's what I'd do.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

272236.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Religious person: All hail the holy lever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

robindch wrote: »
    272236.png

To quote the Great Pterry:
    'No one would be that stu-’
    Susan stopped. Of course someone would be that stupid. Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying ‘End-of-the-World-Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH’, the paint wouldn’t even have time to dry.
    They were, after all, wizards. That meant that if they saw something, they prodded it. If it wobbled they prodded it some more. If you built a guillotine, and then put a sign on it saying ‘Do Not Put Your Neck On This Block’, many wizards would never have to buy a hat again

I'm sure there are more.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

robindch wrote: »
    Scientist Picture

As a scientist I can assure you that is inaccurate, we would first get several small animals to pull the lever for 3 months to a year. Then we would pay people pittance to do the same thing for 2 to 3 years while we discuss their responses in an uncaring manner. If no one dies we have a party and become rich. If someone dies we go quiet and then find another lever to repeat the process ad infinitum.

CramCycle wrote: »
    As a scientist I can assure you that is inaccurate, we would first get several small animals to pull the lever for 3 months to a year. Then we would pay people pittance to do the same thing for 2 to 3 years while we discuss their responses in an uncaring manner. If no one dies we have a party and become rich. If someone dies we go quiet and then find another lever to repeat the process ad infinitum.

And, of course, ye'd be....Still Alive

Sarky wrote: »
    I hope you nailed the attic hatch shut, and then set fire to the house. It's what I'd do.

Nope - put in one of those attic stair jobbies and send sonofmine up there to find stuff...important stuff obviously...like my trumpet...the monkey has facial recognition software and it's his monkey - hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

And, of course, ye'd be....Still Alive

No not that Still Alive this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Why were you skinning furbys?

• Advertisement

Jernal wrote: »
    No not that Still Alive this one.

My linked version is better.

What's not to like about planet killing, psychopathic Janeway, like?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement