Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

tumblr_mtquz3Cv9m1qz4cuyo1_500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

robindch wrote: »
    Hmm... a creationist who believes that evolution is true.

This way, please!

I never said I believed life could adapt itself to become another species;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I never said I believed life could adapt itself to become another species;)

Well, tough because it does.

But yeah, that's all for the other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,884 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Facts do not require belief to remain facts :)

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

tumblr_mtquz3Cv9m1qz4cuyo1_500.jpg
    Moral of the story, gnostics are as$holes.

• Advertisement

Moral of the story, gnostics are as$holes.

I'm pretty gnostic when it comes to the concept of an Abrahamic god - no flippin' way is that bs true.

As Michael Nugent said in a (Canadian) radio interview I was listening to a few minutes ago, it's ludicrous to think that a universe of 100 billion galaxies each with 100 billion stars was put here just for us, one species on one little pale blue dot.

That's not to say that it's impossible that some sort of force, being or entity could exist outside our Universe, but if it's by definition not observable by us I think we should just get on with life and stop worrying about it.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

biko wrote: »
    Driving affects ovaries and pelvis, Saudi sheikh warns women

More Muslim fake science.

Of course my favourite is still "Muslim flat earth"
    hqdefault.jpg

1246_54_news_hub_1371_328x250.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

274015.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Oldy but still very good

Thinking back, given this was in 1983 it really must have pissed off alot of people in Ireland at the time. Especially when you consider the uproar over Fr Ted and that was the late 90's.

Though, likely explains why they banned it in Ireland for years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I think what I like most about that sketch is the fairness of it. If you were to just listen to the song, you'd be under the impression that this is bunch of brits lampooning and slagging off catholics. Then they slot in this lovely 3 minute sketch at the end of the repressed protestant woman and her painfully prudish husband, tut-tutting about the backwards catholics.

Monty Python really were great in the "I want to offend everyone equally" genre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Cabaal wrote: »
    Oldy but still very good
    [youtube/]fUspLVStPbk[/youtube]

Thinking back, given this was in 1983 it really must have pissed off alot of people in Ireland at the time. Especially when you consider the uproar over Fr Ted and that was the late 90's.

Though, likely explains why they banned it in Ireland for years :D

What kind of uproar?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

What kind of uproar?

Hard to find anything on-line as we're talking about the mid 90's but essentially people bitched and moaned about it on the late late and other mediums, how they found it offensive etc.

Sure it took ages and ages for RTE to get up the courage to air it themselves,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

seamus wrote: »
    I think what I like most about that sketch is the fairness of it. If you were to just listen to the song, you'd be under the impression that this is bunch of brits lampooning and slagging off catholics. Then they slot in this lovely 3 minute sketch at the end of the repressed protestant woman and her painfully prudish husband, tut-tutting about the backwards catholics.

Monty Python really were great in the "I want to offend everyone equally" genre.

My favourite bit is the whole protect sperm but send the born children off for medical testing.

Really rings true, even today, of the attitude of some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

What kind of uproar?

Down with this sort of thing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

tumblr_m5qeisc8MZ1ru0s7ho1_500.jpg

274134.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

^^
    I've actually seen that image about five times, and every time thought, "Why would a Muslim woman be sitting beside a pile of trash bags?". It never occurred to me that the photo was trying to make a point.

Bloody camera phones, make me think everything is candid.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

the photo was trying to make a point. [...]
    Much tempted to move the photo to the burka ban thread :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

robindch wrote: »
    Much tempted to move the photo to the burka ban thread :)

Careful now, folks over there seem to take offense awfully easy. I decided against dragging out this fella

Kenny_mccormick_southpark.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

smacl wrote: »
    Careful now, folks over there seem to take offense awfully easy. I decided against dragging out this fella

Kenny_mccormick_southpark.jpg

He's clearly a muslim! ;)

• Advertisement

274327.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

It never occurred to me that the photo was trying to make a point.
    that a woman squatting in a bright blue burka looks similar to a plastic bag of an identical colour in a photo which is designed to achieve this conclusion anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

that a woman squatting in a bright blue burka looks similar to a plastic bag of an identical colour in a photo which is designed to achieve this conclusion anyway?

I think he already admitted to not immediately discerning the intent of the photo.

1381848_10151872911035155_1279337418_n.jpg

tumblr_mtrsy9Brm91sa3o3so1_1280.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

BR-3.png

This isn't really a funny though, it's aimed at kids :(

2f188e28.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

Religion has no place in the modern world...........imo

Its out dated and just a story like Iron Man, Spiderman etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

ninja900 wrote: »
    This isn't really a funny though, it's aimed at kids :(

2f188e28.jpg

Sh1t, they got me figured out. It's true, I don't believe in anything AND I'm staying home on Sunday. They even got the cup of coffee right!

Maybe they're spying on me, it's like they've got someone watching me 24/7, someone who can almost read my thoughts.

Oh God noooooooooooooo!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement