Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Something tells me "our atheist friends" is an oxymoron.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

Go to about 37 seconds in.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Nolars wrote: »
    lol
    Both look photoshopped to me and the pantheos website seems to have fallen over temporarily...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

robindch wrote: »
    Both look photoshopped to me and the pantheos website seems to have fallen over temporarily...

was written by hemant mehta so I doubt its fake.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

The second one is definitely photoshopped, and poorly

But provided by AnswersInGenesis, so it almost certainly is fake.

275146.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

CramCycle wrote: »
    The second one is definitely photoshopped, and poorly
    I think that's an optical illusion of fakery. It's an LED screen, so the colours stand out and are unaffected by the lighting in the general area, making it look like it doesn't belong. There also seems to be some weird clash of high-res photo versus low-res billboard which makes the whole thing appear really crisp - too crisp, in fact, when compared to the rest of the scene.

I thought initially it was photoshopped too, but if it was, whoever did it went to a lot of trouble to get the aspect and dimensions absolutely bang on, without adjusting the lighting. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

seamus wrote: »
    I think that's an optical illusion of fakery. It's an LED screen, so the colours stand out and are unaffected by the lighting in the general area, making it look like it doesn't belong. There also seems to be some weird clash of high-res photo versus low-res billboard which makes the whole thing appear really crisp - too crisp, in fact, when compared to the rest of the scene.

I thought initially it was photoshopped too, but if it was, whoever did it went to a lot of trouble to get the aspect and dimensions absolutely bang on, without adjusting the lighting. :)

Very pixellated though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Different weather (it was raining), colour (it was overcast) etc. from the apparently real one in the times. I imagine the fake (IMO) one was done to give a more positive image, eg good weather, happy people etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Where the f**k is he getting all the money?

Jernal wrote: »
    Where the f**k is he getting all the money?
    Ongoing donations, visitors to his ridiculous displayhouse and something like $40 million in tax rebates for Ken's new "Ark Encouter":

http://www.skepticink.com/smilodonsretreat/2013/06/07/noahs-ark-theme-park-on-the-ropes/
    http://mobile.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSBRE94U12U20130531

An atheist delivers the council invocation to the FSM:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/08/pastafarian-gives-invocation-god-youre-an-agenda-item-on-our-government-meeting/
    An agnostic led his town’s City Council in a prayer Monday to protest the regular practice before government functions.

Steve Vincent said he was surprised to learn that each City Council meeting begins with a prayer, and he became particularly irritated during an online discussion with neighbors about a “Celebration of Faith” held earlier this year by Rancho Cordova’s community council. Vincent said he became a legally ordained minister online as a member of the “Pastafarian” Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster – a process he said was free and took about five seconds.

The community council granted his request to give the invocation, which cannot be sectarian or disparage any other faith. Vincent used his invocation to cast doubt not only on the existence of God, but also whether such displays are appropriate in a community government setting. “God? I’m not sure if you’re there,” Vincent said during his invocation. “You’re an agenda item on our government meeting. I’m not sure that’s what you had in mind for prayer, God.”

Vincent said he hopes others from less mainstream faiths will sign up to give the invocation. “Let’s get Scientologists and Wiccans and everybody to come pray,” he said. “The more the merrier.”

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

robindch wrote: »

'Vincent said he became a legally ordained minister online as a member of the “Pastafarian” Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster – a process he said was free and took about five seconds.'

One can do that :eek:. :D

I feel a conversion coming on...road to Damascus is a bit of a no-no right now so I may have to settle for the road to Doneraile.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

My friend became a Dudeist Priest(ess?) but I didn't know you could become a Pastafarian minister.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Something just popped into my head. Does being coeliac prevent you from being a pastafarian? A quick google gave me this answer:
    The Son of the FSM is gluten free.

Its called the New Convenience.

So its OK.

Something just popped into my head. Does being coeliac prevent you from being a pastafarian? A quick google gave me this answer:

How do they cater for diabetics?

Would my 'aversion' to carbs effect my road to Doneraile moment???

275206.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Worztron wrote: »
    275146.gif

Maybe thats where he was for 3 days after he died? He knew there would be some spare time and decided he would sort that stuff out later.

275238.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

"Fossilised Christ" :D

Ib8gm.png

275400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

"Sh*t, who leaked the Lesbian Jesus thing? That's OUR secret!"

Sarky wrote: »
    "Sh*t, who leaked the Lesbian Jesus thing? That's OUR secret!"

I have just fired off a strongly worded email to Lezzie HQ about this.

Blasted lesbian leaks....

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

God yeah, they leak all over the shop >_>

• Advertisement

Sarky wrote: »
    God yeah, they leak all over the shop >_>

Sploosh test....:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement