Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Sarky wrote: »
    God yeah, they leak all over the shop >_>
    Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Sploosh test....:eek:

"Clean up on aisle four, clean up on aisle four. The Lezzies are leaking again"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

legspin wrote: »
    "Clean up on aisle four, clean up on aisle four. The Lezzies are leaking again"

Ah, aisle four - that's where they keep the WD40 and DIY stuff....or so I've heard.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Ah, aisle four - that's where they keep the WD40 and DIY stuff....or so I've heard.

;)

Orbital sanders FTW....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

legspin wrote: »
    Orbital sanders FTW....

Why did I just picture sanders in space?

Why did I just picture sanders in space?

Oh myy - I don't think you appreciate the gravity of that.

:pac:

(I kept me coat on so I'll just let meself out...)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Oh myy - I don't think you appreciate the gravity of that.
    Think I'm feeling just a little tensor.

;)

post-25073-Hank-Hill-WD40-gif-Imgur-X6Vu.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭Worztron

275517.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Came across this on Twitter. They're all really into it but condemn the gays? Highly suspect self-hatred in the Vatican.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

1240373_354201118048339_422052938_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

hnMeUMbGXkOOfvoMrdwSGK7eQkRy72CI_lg.jpg

275643.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Worztron wrote: »
    275643.jpg

Only noticed now, Benny's throne has the Stonecutters' logo on it! Twice, at the apex of the back rest!

So now we know who's responsible for Steve Gutenberg!

275832.gif

Daily Mail Shocker -- Judges bid to banish the Bible from court over fears witnesses and defendants no longer take the oath seriously

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2446250/Judges-bid-banish-Bible-court-fears-witnesses-defendants-longer-oath-seriously.html
    Daily Fail wrote:
    John Glen, Tory MP for Salisbury and a magistrate until last year, said: ‘This smacks of political correctness gone mad.’

robindch wrote: »
    Daily Mail Shocker -- Judges bid to banish the Bible from court over fears witnesses and defendants no longer take the oath seriously

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2446250/Judges-bid-banish-Bible-court-fears-witnesses-defendants-longer-oath-seriously.html

My 80 year old mother gets the 'Irish' Mail (she being one of those miggle class Irish 'republicans' who still blame 'the Brits' for everything while watching Coronation St, dressed head to toe in clothes from 'Marks' and eating Thornton's choccies :rolleyes:)

When very bored I have been known to flick through said paper - haven't managed to flick past page 5 yet before closing it in disgust and asking her how she could spend money on such utter rubbish.

• Moderators Posts: 51,826 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_munedpQyuw1r7gbhio1_500.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

robindch wrote: »

Speaking of the Daily Mail

Just took this quiz http://toys.usvsth3m.com/are-you-hated-by-the-daily-mail/?utm_content=buffer312f9&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

Apparently the Daily Mail hates me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Doesn't take much. They hate me too, if it makes you feel any better :D

Lots of hate my way too.

Popette is merely "loathed" by the Daily Mail. Must mention that to her next time I see her since she loves it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Also Hated.

Great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Hated. I thought I was doing alright until I said I wasn't married.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Hated. I thought I was doing alright until I said I wasn't married.

Unemployed is a big no-no as well (not just in the Daily Mail of course), but I lied a bit and said unmarried. However, separated with divorce pending would more than likely tip me into "universally despised". I'm surprised they have no category beyond "hated" actually :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

55ywng.png

Obliq wrote: »
    Unemployed is a big no-no as well (not just in the Daily Mail of course), but I lied a bit and said unmarried. However, separated with divorce pending would more than likely tip me into "universally despised". I'm surprised they have no category beyond "hated" actually :rolleyes:

Ah see this is where the quiz got it wrong, imo. I don't have a job because I'm a stay at home mother. I think the DM probably hates working mothers as much the unemployed.

Why I'm arguing the case for the DM not hating me I don't know.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Took the Pew religious knowledge test just now. Did pretty good for someone who knows diddly squat about US religious history (apart from the LDS, that was nutty enough to be funny).

I got all the questions right bar:
    275932.png

Turns out I should have gone for the British Triple-Jump Olympic gold medallist. Forgot the first rule of strict protestants, they're all good athletes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,184 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Woohoo, I got 14 right, though I knew ahem one of the answers. ^

Got 15 but wouldn't have gotten the last one if I hadn't read this thread, tbh I don't know what the First Great Awakening was. I thought it was interesting reading through the results and seeing what percentage of people got which questions right. Only 23% of people thought that it was permitted for a US public school teacher to read an excerpt from the bible as an example of literature. Seeing as most respondents were probably American it suggests quite the lack understanding between the difference between indoctrination and education.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

I got 14 (really, 15, but I knew the last answer only from the above :D )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

I got 14 (really, 15, but I knew the last answer only from the above :D )

Me too! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement