Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the most convincing argument for Atheism I've seen.

Mwcc0.jpg

pH wrote: »

This is barely adequate to sum up my feelings on the book:

:eek::eek::confused::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

vibe666 wrote: »

Mwcc0.jpg

1. Christ was friends with St Peter.
    2. St peter throne was occupied by Pope John Paul II
    3 Pope JP II had parkinsons disease.
    4. Parkinsons disease is also suffered by Michael J fox.
    5. Fox was in family ties with Michael Gross.
    6. Michael gross stared in tremors alongside Kevin Bacon

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

Some quality Abstinence only posters:

slide_8052_107519_large.jpg?1278074717815

slide_8052_107627_large.jpg?1278074725972

And the winner:

slide_8052_107513_large.jpg?1278074694063

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

pts wrote: »
    slide_8052_107627_large.jpg?1278074725972

To be fair I don't think this one is promoting abstinence :P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

Mwcc0.jpg

Reject Christ, Lose Legs?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

ColmDawson wrote: »
    Yeah, but that hovering ability pretty much makes up for it, don't you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

ColmDawson wrote: »

rofl :D Photoshop fail?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

1. Christ was friends with St Peter.
    2. St peter throne was occupied by Pope John Paul II
    3 Pope JP II had parkinsons disease.
    4. Parkinsons disease is also suffered by Michael J fox.
    5. Fox was in family ties with Michael Gross.
    6. Michael gross stared in tremors alongside Kevin Bacon
    6 degrees of seperation between jesus and bacon. if i wasn't an atheist, you sir would be my new God! :D
    mikhail wrote: »
    Yeah, but that hovering ability pretty much makes up for it, don't you think?
    Bacon, so good it can even make you hover. take that holy ghost!!! :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

rofl :D Photoshop fail?

Yeah, some pretty obvious cloning in the grass about the bottom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

6 degrees of seperation between jesus and bacon. if i wasn't an atheist, you sir would be my new God! :D

bow and grovel bitches!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

You Say God Is Dead? There’s an App for That

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

cavedave wrote: »
    Better to use the new iPhone for ending arguments with theists. It's heavier and more solidly built. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Professor Plumb

Dades wrote: »
    Better to use the new iPhone for ending arguments with theists. It's heavier and more solidly built. :pac:
    How do you use an iPhone to end arguments with theists?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

cavedave wrote: »
    ... and the Bible is the App for the Living God.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

J C wrote: »
    ... and the Bible is the App for the Living God.

OMG it's escaped the 'The Bible, Creationism And Prophecy' thread, we're all doomed!!!!

At least confined to one thread he could be easily ignored, now there is no escape from banging your head against a brick wall.

sink wrote: »
    OMG it's escaped the 'The Bible, Creationism And Prophecy' thread, we're all doomed!!!!

At least confined to one thread he could be easily ignored, now there is no escape from banging your head against a brick wall.
    You do have a very valid point ... and I guess this is a case of being careful about what you wish for!!!

You cannot confine God or His Word. He has even said that if His own people refuse to promulgate His Word, the very stones will do it for Him.

... and the Good news is that you're only doomed if you continue to refuse Salvation.

I guess this is the fun side of religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

You do have a very valid point ... and I guess this is a case of being careful about what you wish for!!!

You cannot confine God or His Word. He has even said that if His own people refuse to promulgate His Word, the very stones will do it for Him.

I knew Jagger and co were in league with something supernatural, I'd always thought it was the lad down below though.
    ... and the Good news is that you're only doomed if you continue to refuse Salvation.

A real laugh a minute riot alright.

MikeC101 wrote: »
    I knew Jagger and co were in league with something supernatural, I'd always thought it was the lad down below though.
    ... you might say that ... but, as a guest on your forum, I couldn't possibly comment!!!

A real laugh a minute riot alright.
    ... I just knew that you would like to see the fun side of religion!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

You cannot confine God or His Word.

You cannot confine that which does not exist, bravo, got it in one.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

You know, talking rocks would really qualify as some of that evidence your side is so sorely lacking, so maybe you and all the rest should shut up and let that happen.

You know, talking rocks would really qualify as some of that evidence your side is so sorely lacking, so maybe you and all the rest should shut up and let that happen.
    ... the rocks were only a 'last resort' option for God ... He doesn't have to exercise it, unless His Church ceases to promote His Word.
    ... and speaking of evidence for God did you ever get a chance to see former-atheist, Prof Anthony Flew's remarks in this regard?

... the rocks were only a 'last resort' option for God ... He doesn't have to exercise it, unless His Church ceases to promote His Word.
    ... and speaking of evidence for God did you ever get a chance to see former-atheist, Prof Anthony Flew's remarks in this regard?

Gosh, there is just no better evidence for god that the remarks of a former atheist...that's it, I'm converted. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

sink wrote: »

*ahem* dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111!!!!!

Gosh, there is just no better evidence for god that the remarks of a former atheist...that's it, I'm converted. :rolleyes:
    ... it could be a very good start ... but you are right, you would have to go much further ... and actually believe on Jesus Christ to get Saved.

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    *ahem* dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111!!!!!
    ... not necessarily ... you will not be doomed if you believe on Jesus Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Well, the "funny" side of the thread has been put to death, let's hope it comes back in a few days.

... they could be a very good start ... but you are right, you would have to go much further ... and actually believe on Jesus Christ to get Saved.

Which is completely ignoring the fact that getting saved is just religious mumbo jumbo that holds absolutely no meaning to me nor various other non-christians. Until such a time as you can prove otherwise, as far as I'm concerned god, heaven, miracle performers, etc are just a figment of the imagination of some desperately hopeful people...

Well, the "funny" side of the thread has been put to death, let's hope it comes back in a few days.
    Why do you say that the funny side of this thread has been killed ... Christians can enjoy the funny side to religion just as much ... if not more so ... as anybody else!!
    ... some of the stuff that I have seen so-called 'religious types' engaging in would make you laugh ... if you didn't cry first!!!

• Advertisement

Which is completely ignoring the fact that getting saved is just religious mumbo jumbo that holds absolutely no meaning to me nor various other non-christians. Until such a time as you can prove otherwise, as far as I'm concerned god, heaven, miracle performers, etc are just a figment of the imagination of some desperately hopeful people...
    ... you're getting very 'serious' on what is supposed to be a 'funny' thread!!!!

... anyway, to answer your question, of course, you do have the free will to reject Salvation, if that is what you wish to do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement