Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

biblesoftwarelicence.png

I admire your taste but not your "3 posts previous checking skills" SN.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

strobe wrote: »
    I admire your taste but not your "3 posts previous checking skills" SN.
    Derp :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

XllV4.jpg

Look at the picture on the wall behind him to the left !!!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

^^ Are you sure it's not a really small window? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Stolen from LZ5by5's Facebook page:
    jesus.aliens.gif

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ruthlessly stolen from AH.

2wn714w.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Joe Luis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

amacachi wrote: »

dinosaurs-man.jpg

That is the coolest religious image ever.

ha, I love how the figure on the right is clearly attacking the dinosaur, whereas the one on the left seems to be nonchanatly poking it along "get out of here, ya crazy dinosaur!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

CWnoah.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

In fairness, they have a point:

0402.gif

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

krudler wrote: »
    the figure on the right is clearly attacking the dinosaur, whereas the one on the left seems to be nonchanatly poking it along "get out of here, ya crazy dinosaur!"
    He'd want to be careful poking down that end of the dinosaur though. One off-target prod and he's going to have one very angry dinosaur on his hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

robindch wrote: »
    He'd want to be careful poking down that end of the dinosaur though. One off-target prod and he's going to have one very angry dinosaur on his hands.

Although you can see the dinosaur has a sneaky plan to get him by going around the picture frame with his tail to get him from behind. God made them crafty you see.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

robindch wrote: »
    One off-target prod and he's going to have one very angry dinosaur on his hands.
    given the stance of most posters on this forum, it's safe to say that we reckon most prods are off-target.

atheism_by_snowyremy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭MarkGrisham

Well if there's hope for Ratzi, there's hope for us all!

Susan Boyle and Pope Benedict: A love Story

Sam Vimes wrote: »

Cthulhu has been hanging out in the brrom closet for millions of years?

Aw man, everthing i thought I knew was a lie!

there-never-were-dinosaurs-there-never-were-dinosaurs-they-a-demotivational-poster-1274675853.jpg

creation-museum-creation-museum-dinosaur-demotivational-poster-1265655595.jpg

2010-03-22-extinction.gif

dinosaurs-in-eden.jpg

2007-05-30-creation_science.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭MarkGrisham

Fricking dinosaurs! They obviously want our good christian women!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I feel ashamed I was reading those little comics for ages and didnt cop on they were not parody.

I genuinely thought everytime they brought out the bible they were nudge nudge wink winking me at the absurdity of it all...

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I feel ashamed I was reading those little comics for ages and didnt cop on they were not parody.

I genuinely thought everytime they brought out the bible they were nudge nudge wink winking me at the absurdity of it all...

I think when it comes to religion we've all had our
    not-butter.jpg
    moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

i-want-you-to-invest-in-my-spring-loaded-prayer-mat-business.jpg

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

Don't worry, I had to double think it too ;) I had to go to the homepage to verify that they weren't parodies.

Anthropology: Human Population Growth

It’s amazing what basic mathematics can show us about the age of the earth. We can calculate the years of human existence with the population doubling every 150 years (a very conservative figure) to get an estimate of what the world’s population should be after any given period of time.

A biblical age of the earth (about 6,000 years) is consistent with the numbers yielded by such a calculation. In contrast, even a conservative evolutionary age of 50,000 years comes out to a staggering, impossibly high figure of 10 to the 99th power—greater than the number of atoms in the universe!

Clearly, the claim that humans have inhabited the earth for tens of thousands of years is absurd!

Take that evolutionists!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Watch John McCririck take on religion on Big Brother last night. ( Yes I watch it! :eek:) Can't find a link but here's his views.

John Waters, you never fail to amuse:
    Religion unleashes a boundless curiosity in us that elsewhere is afraid to reveal itself for fear of appearing naive, writes JOHN WATERS

Boundless curiosity? And religion?! :eek::confused::D
    I don't think "we don't need to investigate, god did it" is quite "boundless curiosity", but there you go
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2010/0827/1224277687560.html

I'd also consider this excerpt from the article funny if it wasn't so sad:
    O’Connor’s view of human reality was stark and lucid: at some point in a life the facts must be faced – either the Christian story is true or it is not. If it is, then there is nothing else worth bothering about; if it is not, then nothing is worth bothering about.

He had me until Newcastle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

bluewolf wrote: »
    John Waters, you never fail to amuse:

Boundless curiosity? And religion?! :eek::confused::D
    I don't think "we don't need to investigate, god did it" is quite "boundless curiosity", but there you go
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2010/0827/1224277687560.html

I'd also consider this excerpt from the article funny if it wasn't so sad:

John Waters in "complete load of old religious apologia bollóx" shocker!!! Check out our page 3 stunnas inside!!! Go to page 5 for: "Wimmins stole my testicles while I was sleeping!!"

If only I could get someone to pay for me to go poncing around some piece of shít symposium/propaganda-fest, so that I could write barely comprehensible rubbish about it. You have to hand it to him for that achievement, at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ChairmanWow

O’Connor’s view of human reality was stark and lucid

Stark raving bonkers if you ask me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement