Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Shamelessly stolen from the Health Sciences Forum.

Woo+Table+v2.1.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭monosharp

Malty_T wrote: »
    Shamelessly stolen from the Health Sciences Forum.

I like Zombies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I was told about this on another site (sorry if it's been posted here, but I didn't see it).

On the third page of the November issue of the Jehovah's Witness magazine "Awake", the first paragraph reads:
    A new group of atheists has arisen in society. Called the new atheists, they are not content to keep their views to themselves. Rather, they are on a crusade, “actively, angrily, passionately trying to persuade the religious to their point of view,” wrote columnist Richard Bernstein. Even agnostics are in their sights, for these new atheists allow no room for doubt. To them, there simply is no God. End of story.

I'm hoping this is satire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

humanji wrote: »
    I was told about this on another site (sorry if it's been posted here, but I didn't see it).

On the third page of the November issue of the Jehovah's Witness magazine "Awake", the first paragraph reads:

Unfortunately not, this is being discussed at length on many ex-JW sites. It's just damage control by the Watchtower Society, their numbers are haemhorraging this year, as will be revealed in the report for the service year.

Yesterday, I got some religious crap posted in the letterbox. Some branch of Christianity. Well, it's apparent they are the evolution denier type. It had an article "Has science killed god?" in there. I glanced through it, which is where I saw the evolution denial. It cites Stephen Hawking from A Brief History of Time...
    It would be very difficult to explain why the universe should have begun in just this way except as the act of a god who intended to create beings like us.
    Wonder how happy they are with his new book. Oh, an interesting thing to point out is how they specifically point out "We are not Jehovah's Witnesses." This was on a thing where you could have them send a free bible, booklet, dvd and info on some course.

I wanted to find a pic of the front cover of the magazine to post here, so I went to the site to see if it was anywhere there. Did come across the good test (Or the which of the 10 commandments you broke).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

Pushtrak wrote: »
    the good test (Or the which of the 10 commandments you broke).

8/10, I'm well on my way to hell!

On a serious note, the stench of self-righteous fear-mongering on that page is pretty revolting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Ten out of ten! :D I remember passionately hating my brother at times when we were kids, and apparently that counts as murder, and lusting after someone counts as adultery, so, a perfect score for moi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

A subscriptions pages editor with a sense of humour...

funny_jesus.jpg?w=307&h=437

• Advertisement

1282389706126.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

Nevore wrote: »
    Ten out of ten! :D I remember passionately hating my brother at times when we were kids, and apparently that counts as murder, and lusting after someone counts as adultery, so, a perfect score for moi!
    Wow, I hadn't noticed how they equated hatred with murder. Why would they do that?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭sonicthebadger*

ColmDawson wrote: »
    Wow, I hadn't noticed how they equated hatred with murder. Why would they do that?:confused:

Uh... cause if you hate someone you've already murdered them in your heart. Obviously! And murdering someone in your heart (a.k.a. your imagination) is just the same as in the really real world.
    Except of course one is real and one is made up... but when does that ever matter. Imagination = Reality. Keep up! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

humanji wrote: »

Well, the JW's were never wrong about anything before

New one

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Did come across the good test (Or the which of the 10 commandments you broke).
    Does the fact that you have sinned against God scare you?
    Me - No.
    It should

Me - Ooooh... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Did come across the good test (Or the which of the 10 commandments you broke).

At first I thought this was an atheists piss take. Pointing out just how petty the god of the bible is but then I realised it seems to be quite serious :(

EDIT - I just went through "the test" again picking innocent every time and it still goes into the same rant! I didn't even get a "You win" screen. What a jip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Thought this was hilarious. Especially the ending...

http://www.27bslash6.com/easter.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Interesting that black women seem very concerned with religion and their souls, whereas the stuff middle eastern women like is "different cultures" "sexier" and "The Unbearable Lightness of Being". :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

pinksoir wrote: »
    Thought this was hilarious. Especially the ending...

http://www.27bslash6.com/easter.html
    other highlights from that I'd like to use myself in future but probably won't remember;

"As I trust my offspring's ability to separate fact from fantasy, I am happy for him to participate in your indoctrination process on the proviso that all references to 'Jesus' are replaced with the term 'Purportedly Magic Jew."

"your inference that I am without religion is incorrect and I am actually torn between two faiths; while your god's promise of eternal life is very persuasive, the Papua New Guinean mud god, Pikkiwoki, is promising a pig and as many coconuts as you can carry"

"The tick in the box already was a mistake I noticed after printing them all."

Yeah right. That last one ranks up there with the classic "I meant to enclose a tenner in this letter, but I'd already sealed the envelope". :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

kixKT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

Not sure that anyone will get this, but I got a good chuckle out of it:
    http://www.sucs.swan.ac.uk/~cmckenna/humour/computer/god.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

pc1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Spoonage70v2.png