Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Yeah, it's an from a series of advertisements from Catholics promoting condoms

Sinners!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yeah, it's an from a series of advertisements from Catholics promoting condoms

Ye gotta love Catholics. If a rule in their religion doesn't fit then they campaign to change it rather than accept that perhaps they are not Catholic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

ezIiW.jpg
    Mark 11:12-14 (King James Version)

12And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry:
    13And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.
    14And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

ezIiW.jpg

Jesus was a bit pity and bitter really, wasn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

One to bookmark: a pictorial answer for the next twit who insists there's a "new" atheism.
    occamsrazorbu0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

imagesundead-guide.jpeg?w=604

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Pygmalion wrote: »
    I think the point is that people who are told to abstain rarely do (at least they aren't more likely to abstain than anyone else).

I get that. I just don't get it being said by self-proclaimed catholics.

rally_medium.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Saudi judge claims that he was under the influence of a demon when he accepted a bribe:

http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2010/11/01/124495.html

vibe666 wrote: »
    rally_medium.jpg
    That from the comedy central march the other day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

robindch wrote: »
    Saudi judge claims that he was under the influence of a demon when he accepted a bribe:

http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2010/11/01/124495.html

As you do.

Stolen from You Laugh You Lose:
    homosexuality_is_a_sin.jpg

Galvasean wrote: »
    i know the same argument has been used many times before (think it was even in the west wing), but i just want to shake that girl's hand all the same. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

From Sickipedia:

Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?"
    Priest: "No, not if you did not know."

Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"

Edit: One more found

I don't understand why Christians are against gay marriage.
    Jesus had two dads, he turned out alright.

vibe666 wrote: »
    i know the same argument has been used many times before (think it was even in the west wing), but i just want to shake that girl's hand all the same. :)

That You Laugh Y ou Lose thread is giving me great mileage...

1_67.jpg

bqdir1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Chatbot Wears Down Proponents of Anti-Science Nonsense
    Nigel Leck, a software developer by day, was tired of arguing with anti-science crackpots on Twitter. So, like any good programmer, he wrote a script to do it for him.

The result is the Twitter chatbot @AI_AGW. Its operation is fairly simple: Every five minutes, it searches twitter for several hundred set phrases that tend to correspond to any of the usual tired arguments about how global warming isn't happening or humans aren't responsible for it.

It then spits back at the twitterer who made that argument a canned response culled from a database of hundreds. The responses are matched to the argument in question -- tweets about how Neptune is warming just like the earth, for example, are met with the appropriate links to scientific sources explaining why that hardly constitutes evidence that the source of global warming on earth is a warming sun.

The database began as a simple collection of responses written by Leck himself, but these days quite a few of the rejoinders are culled from a university source whom Leck says he isn't at liberty to divulge.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

475b9e65-8980-4754-8810-b204b0757200.jpg

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mike_R

Fishie wrote: »
    I don't think it occurred to anyone at the Church of Christian Kindness that they don't have the best acronym... :D

If you really want to read some good COCK baits go to www.scamtacular.com that's where to go if you want to accept COCK into your life :D

I wonder if we could get one written for forums... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭virmilitaris

Nevore wrote: »
    I wonder if we could get one written for forums... :pac:

Isn't there already a bot in the Creationism thread ? JC 1.0 I think it's called.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

Posted on Reddit under the headline: "Redundancy".
    stVqo.png

00007130-62874.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

2010-11-04.png

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

^^ Brilliant :D

VqYLm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Dammit, Jesus was so fcukin' cool. :cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Nevore wrote: »

Probably my favourite scene from what is a fantastic show. And I believe MrSheen is one of ours.

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭housetypeb

"I don't know whether the world is run by smart men who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain

Laura Schlesinger is a US radio personality, who dispenses advice to people who call in to her radio show. She recently said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination, according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstances. The following response is an open letter to Dr. Laura which was posted on the Internet.
    Dear Dr. Laura:
    Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination... End of debate.
    I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.
    1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
    2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
    3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
    4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is, my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
    5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath.Exodus 35:2. clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?
    6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?
    7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle- room here?
    8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?
    9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
    10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16.
    Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
    I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
    Your adoring fan,
    Homer Simpson-Caldwell

posted this already but its time seems to have come around again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement