Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Funny Side of Religion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Bog

1278125742248_f.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

MrPudding wrote: »
    Probably my favourite scene from what is a fantastic show. And I believe MrSheen is one of ours.
    yep, his mum was irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

2010-11-07-40godcares.png

Heh, I like these. One more.

2010-03-21-symphony.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Zillah dodged a bullet there :D
    2010-04-17-22imacudate.png

Edit: Crap! Why did the pic get so big? How do I make it smaller?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

In fairness, I don't think the bible gives Mary's age, although she was certainly a young virgin. I was trying to check on the net and found that according to Eastern Orthodox teaching Joseph was 80 years old at the time :eek: of their marriage.

Then I found this account; "When she was fourteen, the high priest wished to send her home for marriage. Mary reminded him of her vow of virginity, and in his embarrassment the high priest consulted the Lord. Then he called all the young men of the family of David, and promised Mary in marriage to him whose rod should sprout and become the resting place of the Holy Ghost in form of a dove. It was Joseph who was privileged in this extraordinary way". :D
    Its not clear who's version exactly, that one is, but at that point it was getting just too weird, even for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Extra points if you bget the reference:
    OqSQU.jpg?ref=nf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Galvasean wrote: »
    Extra points if you bget the reference:

I try to make priests my last defense for building my wonder because they caused so much confusion. Turning things into a clicking race at the end works well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I find it interesting how you couldn't convert enemy buildings until you researched monotheism. Drove me mad since I usually played as Greece.

Weird. I had a conversation about that game with a friend a couple of hours ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

I don't get it, whats the reference?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

maybe it's internet mornington crescent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

I don't get it, whats the reference?

Wololo was what the priests in Age of Empires said when they attempted to convert enemy units.

more of a FreeCiv fan myself though

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ecocrexis

Wololo was what the priests in Age of Empires said when they attempted to convert enemy units.

How did you even get that?

Mind = Blown

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

maybe it's internet mornington crescent.
    Great Portland Street.

I am even more confused??? is that a game or something

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I am even more confused??? is that a game or something

Yeah, you send your priests to convert enemies and they go 'wololo', thats what I gather, to begin with I just thought that a religious figure appeared to two rational people, chanted some gibberish, and they started killing each other.

Having never played the game, the above made sense to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

Ecocrexis wrote: »

Mind = Blown

Easy, you type wololo into google.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

More wololo.

wololo.jpg

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

tumblr_l5enmxlbwK1qan5zko1_400.jpg

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

tumblr_l5enmxlbwK1qan5zko1_400.jpg
    3ZXLNVGWPXYO4SQP2ACJQXCWKOSDZZRF.jpg

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

2010-11-11-god.png

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Ecocrexis wrote: »

Mind = Blown

You obviously didn't invest into the game online that much. Or else the people you played it with were more sane than the lot I played it with. The only way to shut those damn taunts spam up was to mute the volume of the game.:mad:
    (Or play a mod.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Malty_T wrote: »
    You obviously didn't invest into the game online that much. Or else the people you played it with were more sane than the lot I played it with. The only way to shut those damn taunts spam up was to mute the volume of the game.:mad:
    (Or play a mod.)

Ya Vell, You Should See Ze Ozer Guy!
    FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE FOOD PLEASE GOLD PLEASE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

"Wololo" ; a poor attempt to convey the sound effect in word form. It should represent something of the noise tone made by a buddhist monk chanting.
    Is it too late to start the new internet meme; "Wo-wo-wo-wo" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

recedite wrote: »
    "Wololo" ; a poor attempt to convey the sound effect in word form. It should represent something of the noise tone made by a buddhist monk chanting.
    Is it too late to start the new internet meme; "Wo-wo-wo-wo" ?

In fairness it was still better than "Roggan". Wtf did that even mean???:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

jeebus.png

butter-jesus-statue-lightning-584.jpg

Zeus wins.

• Advertisement

How to deal with female preachers:

Sgy6H.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement