Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Comedy Festival

Options
  • 06-04-2007 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Has anybody been to any of the shows on? I was at Colin Murphy and Niel Delemare with Andrew Maxwell as MC in the Radisson last night(Thursday) They were Hillarious,huge audience!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

No, but me and the boyfriend are going to Des Bishop on Monday night... Can't wait!! Did they do the show á la The Panel, or were they on seperate? Would love to have seen them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

I was at the Comedy Circus in the Radisson on Saturday. It was an interesting experience for me... having never seen 90% of a paying crowd walk out on a gig before! Was anyone else there? I'd be very interested to hear from someone who walked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Uh I never heard anything aboput this Comedy week?! Dang it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭poker_face

I was at the Comedy Circus in the Radisson on Saturday. It was an interesting experience for me... having never seen 90% of a paying crowd walk out on a gig before! Was anyone else there? I'd be very interested to hear from someone who walked.

I was @ it & I stayed for most of it, I left during the quartet gig as they were cr*p and I'd had enough at that stage. I was talking to the bouncer on the way out & she was getting tired bout the number of ppl giving out, speaks volumes. I think Karl spain pulled out of it earlier that day, it probably explains tommy tiernan ripping the piss out of him. The one good act of the night was tommy, i thought he was brill. I reckon he was on-stage alot more then he expected to be due to the other acts being poor. The mime act and the strippers were cr*p (& a little strange), the woman from tralee seemed a little nervous and I felt sorry for getting boo-ed. The dublin fella was ok, dave mcsavage got a couple of laughs from the audience and the caberet quartet were cocky and the worst act of the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Was at Des Bishop tonight, absolutely brilliant. Normally I'm undecided, he's always been a hit and miss for me, but have to say I was impressed tonight. The support act was fairly good too, can't remember his full name...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

The Queen wrote:
    No, but me and the boyfriend are going to Des Bishop on Monday night... Can't wait!! Did they do the show á la The Panel, or were they on seperate? Would love to have seen them!!

They were on seperate!!!So funny...couldn't walk for laughing afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Dammit I wanted to see Andrew Maxwell. If he was MCing I guess he wasn't on that much himself eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I was at it too. I thought that Tommy Tiernan, Dave Mc Savage and that other guy who was on near the start were good and worth watching. The quartet the one from kerry and the other 2 were terrible. Overall im glad I went. The 3 that were good made up for the rest and I left during the quartet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Galway has a comedy festival?? Where they ever going to inform the rest of the county about this? Whens it on til?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

Dammit I wanted to see Andrew Maxwell. If he was MCing I guess he wasn't on that much himself eh?
    Nah it was practically like he had his own show...did as much as the other two,he was really good :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Dammit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭seand333

Was at the comedy circus; agree that apart from tommy tiernan and dave mcsavage, the rest were pretty crap (though reaction to female comedian from tralee was unfair imo, everyone started talking the minute she came on, and she wasnt given a chance at all ). the second half of the show was crap: crap strippers, a crap cabaret act, and a crap camembert quartet. the camembert quartet had to revert to just playing hit songs towards the end as their own novelty comedy songs were getting booed so much. alot of people were pissed off with karl spain not turning up and the standard of most acts, but as i got my tickets free, and saw the two best comedians around (tiernan and mcsav), i went home happy anyway!

Advertisement