Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinema - Butter???

Options
  • 06-04-2007 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭

Where, oh where can i get butter on my beloved popcorn in the north east?? Dundalk doesnt thats 4 sure?? Navan?? Newry maybe?? id even go to Blanchardstown im that desperate...lol :D i know its to stop all us peeps getting fat and all...but SERIOUSLY im wasting away
    Havint eatin in DAAAYYYSSSS :)

So anyone know??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Navan has I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Ruu wrote:
    Navan has I'm sure.

Yea tought so, just cant find a scedule of times 4 tonight, not on teletext, nor entertainment.ie...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

can you still get it yeh, i couldnt get butter in navan last time i was there and that was 6 months ago, i thought some law was brought in to stop selling butter on popcorn?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

draffodx wrote:
    can you still get it yeh, i couldnt get butter in navan last time i was there and that was 6 months ago, i thought some law was brought in to stop selling butter on popcorn?
    The actual reason is that competition in the cinema sector meant that butter was usually free, and it was ruining seats and carpets in cinemas. As a result, most cinemas decided to stop offering something, on which they weren't making any money.

europerson wrote:
    The actual reason is that competition in the cinema sector meant that butter was usually free, and it was ruining seats and carpets in cinemas. As a result, most cinemas decided to stop offering something, on which they weren't making any money.

i see, i would pay extra for it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

thewools wrote:
    Yea tought so, just cant find a scedule of times 4 tonight, not on teletext, nor entertainment.ie...:mad:

http://www.diamondnavan.com/html/core.html

Theres a list of times for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

draffodx wrote:
    i see, i would pay extra for it though
    The emphasis of my post was a little misleading: the primary reason was the mess it was making in cinemas, apparently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

bring yr own butter

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I have it on good authority that it actualy wasn't butter, but margarine that was used as butter went sour too quickly. The reason it was dropped, I'm told, was that the cinemas didn't make profit off it and they had to pay dry cleaning bills for the people who were too greedy and spilt it over themselves. Health was also a reason, apparently.

they stopped selling the hotdogs in dundalk cinema too......reason i was told from behind the counter was parents were complaining there kids were getting too fat :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

draffodx wrote:
    i thought some law was brought in to stop selling butter on popcorn?

Ha ha! Is that the same law that stops me from getting my pet monkey to get me a beer from the fridge!

I can just see some young country guard at a checkpoint outside the popcorn stand in blanch... "it this your popcorn?"

Me: "yes guard, it is."

Young country guard:
    "Is that butter i see dripping down those light salty kernals?"

Me: "yes guard, im sorry (Sobbing) an older boy made me do it guard" :(

Advertisement