Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 Increase PrePay call Tarriffs

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭lfc1892

Cork wrote:
    Good article in highlighting the reduction of off peak hours.

http://www.enn.ie/news.html?code=10036601

O2 do seem to be trying to increase profits alright.
    You can expect to see a correction of this article next week. They have quoted Euros instead of Cents (and fractions thereof).

Clarification:

As of the 7th May the peak times will be as follows:
    Nightowl. 8am to 6pm
    Earlybird. 6pm to 8am.

As far as I can remember, this is what they used to be prior to changing in 2004. They are also in line with all other operators times.

They are NOT increasing the charges, just changing the hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Further, they have a friends & family offer for prepay customers, where you can nominate three (3) other numbers on O2 and call them on the weekends and off-peak for just 1 cent a minute.

So for example if you're on Early Bird, you can call the three (3) nominated numbers all weekend, public holidays and between 8 am and 6 pm during the week for 1 cent/minute.

Until the end of April. Then you have to top up by a min of €20/month to keep it active.
    So I was told one Sat morning when they rang me to offer it to me.

If the pricing does indeed increase, I'm not a happy camper. One of the main reasons I'm on o2 is that I can receive texts from the states. Voda or Meteor won't receive them; have tried both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

lfc1892 wrote:
    You can expect to see a correction of this article next week. They have quoted Euros instead of Cents (and fractions thereof).

Clarification:

Nightowl. 8am to 6pm
    Earlybird. 6pm to 8am.

As far as I can remember, this is what they used to be prior to changing in 2004. They are also in line with all other operators times.

Essentially increasing the prices at certain hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I suspect the new hours won't affect most people, however it is still a price increase. O2 should have combined this with a price decrease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

To be honest I never knew they changed it to 10am in 2004! I'll be making morning calls as much as possible until they make this change, I always thought it became peak again at 7am (nightowl)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭barrett1965

lfc1892 wrote:

Clarification:

Nightowl. 8am to 6pm
    Earlybird. 6pm to 8am.

Thanks for the clarificaton. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Much ado about nothing. Prepaid off-peak hours here in Germany don't begin until 8pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

I just checked the web site, and the prices and times are still the same!? When are these price increases supposed to come into effect?
    Its on the site now http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Personal/Latest%20news%20and%20offers
    Amendment of Speak easy Peak Hours

We wish to advise all Speak easy customers that the following changes in peak and associated off peak hours will be effective from the 7th May for all existing and new O2 Speak easy customers:

Amendment
    Current peak 6pm - 2am or 10am - 6pm
    Amended peak 6pm - 8am or 8am - 6pm
    Current off-peak 2am - 6pm or 6pm - 10am
    Amended off-peak 8am - 6pm or 6pm - 8am
    :mad:

Sorry for dragging this back up, but despite taking affect over a month ago does anyone know why http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Personal/Price%20plans/Speakeasy%20prepay states:
    Longest off-peak hours
    This is blatantly false, with the amount of work done on their site recently surely they should have removed this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Why not give them a call and ask them to justify it? :)

• Advertisement

I've just emailed them.
    Maybe they'll thank me for pointing out they haven't done their job properly. :rolleyes:

Well they they removed the statement from the site but they didn't get back to me.

Advertisement