Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas for snacks

• 06-04-2007 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hey every time i go to the fridge there is the usuall stuf ham thats about it there is never anything to eat . could any of u guys give me some things to try out sometin that i can whip up fast with not to much hastle like i dont wana be bakin bread and stuf haha . any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

omlette (sp?) the best fast food you can get. fried eggs, anything with eggs!!:D beans on toast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Popcorn is my fave. It comes in foil bags so keeps for ages.

Or else you can get so many instant things these days that you can shove in the microwave for 2 minutes and it's done. Pizzas, rice, whatever.

If you have tortilla wraps you can just shove some cheese, chicken, mayo or what you can find in and it's really quick to do. They come in plastic wrap as well so keep for ages.

Smoothies are good too and surprisingly filling, like you know the Innocent range? Dunnes now does their own one which is just as good too. They're nothing but fruit so no additives or extra sugar.

Crackers with cheese are fab but not filling so you could eat almost a whole pack without realising!

Those Avonmore soups are lovely and you can get them in a variety of sizes. Plus since they're in a carton you can have as much as you feel like and save the rest for later. I think they can also be frozen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭cathald

Cheese toasties.....hmmmm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

peanuts:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Pitta bread and humous. Always handy in snack emergency

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Toasted Swiss cheese with cranberry sauce nyom.

Tea and a purple snack always goes down well.

Waffles and ketchup always perks me up too! Chef ketchup goes best with waffles IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

p-nut wrote:
    omlette (sp?) the best fast food you can get. fried eggs, anything with eggs!!:D beans on toast

French toast with bacon, one of my favs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

chocolate

all ya have to do is open the packet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Raw carrot ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭mickith

grab yourself a bit of a roll. chop it down the centre. stick your ham on it and maybe some cheese or tomatoes and you have yourself some home made french bread pizza. or if ya couldnt be bothered with that a nice cirps sarny!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

toasted mini naan bread (garlic and corriander in particular) dipped in greek styule yogurt is my snack of choice at the minute

Advertisement