Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean O'Haire

• 06-04-2007 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭

Former WCW tag champ Sean O'Haire suffered serious injuries in a fight that took place outside a bar in Hilton Head Island on Friday. O'Haire suffered a fractured orbital bone (in three places) as well as other fratures to his face and skull. Vision in his left eye is impaired, possibly permanently, and he will require extensive plastic surgery according to a report at IslandPacket.com.

Conflicting versions of what happened were reported with O'Haire claiming he was coming to the aid of a friend and other witnesses saying O'Haire tried to start a fight with his alleged assailant, Juan Brantley.

Several years ago, in an interview on WCW Live!, O'Haire said he enjoyed going to bars and starting fights. He said it toughened him up and that beating people up was a thrill for him.

I don't feel any sympathy for the guy if that interview is true.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Ah, that's sad to hear. He's got a talent for wrestling, but not for mma. I think he was just trying to get himself over in that WCW Live interview, he mentioned that he liked to beat up bullies, not start fights. He was arrested a few years ago because of a nightclub fight, pity

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

I loved his "devils advocate" gimmick,shame they didnt make proper use with it. The man even beat Hogan...ok by countout but a win is a win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Sad news. Weren't WWE thinking about bringing his back or was he already signed? I know he did a few dark matches not so long ago. Decent wrestler, Would love to see him back. Hope he gets well soon.

He did some dark matches for WWE about a year ago I think, but then he went back to mma and his losing streak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Fozzy wrote:
    Ah, that's sad to hear. He's got a talent for wrestling, but not for mma. I think he was just trying to get himself over in that WCW Live interview, he mentioned that he liked to beat up bullies, not start fights. He was arrested a few years ago because of a nightclub fight, pity

He seems to have a penchant for getting in bar fights.
    Haire has been charged in four previous fights, but only convicted for one of those charges. He was sentenced to 11 hours, which he was credited for time served. Well, it's a nasty thing to happen even if he was the agressor.
    Hopefully, this will signal the end of his bar fighting days. He is a good Wrestler it's a pity he never made it in WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

damn thats sad news....his mma career didnt really take off but i enjoyed watching him watchin him and chuck palumbo in WCW and his early days in WWE..
    I hope he has a good recovery and that his vision isnt impaired permanently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

jesus thats terrible, hope it doesn't effect him permanently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

ya that devils advocat charactor few years back was class...those promos were quality 'Im not telling you anything...you dont already know' :) ...pissed when they put him with Piper and it all went downhill from there....then they dropped it..oh well...

I think this guy should just put any kind of fighting behind him. He was a usless wrestler . His MMA sucked and he is even being getting kicked around in bars.
    The true story was that he started the fight in the bar and the other guy knocked him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

He wasn't a useless wrestler at all.

He wasn't the best but he was good.

Himself and Cuck Polumbo were one of the best tag teams in recent times.

Very entertaining when you consider how big both guys are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I think this guy should just put any kind of fighting behind him. He was a usless wrestler . His MMA sucked and he is even being getting kicked around in bars.
    The true story was that he started the fight in the bar and the other guy knocked him out.
    I dont think that everyone that sent their condolences in this thread thinks that he was started on and thats why they are saying "get well soon" but rather that heres a guy that might permanently lose his vision in one eye and needs god knows how many operations to get his face looking the way it was.......

Why ? This guy is a total ass, he started the fight ! He is known for doing this alot. Why should we feel sorry for him . He was the one playing with fire. His tag team with Palumbo was terrible too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Why ? This guy is a total ass, he started the fight ! He is known for doing this alot. Why should we feel sorry for him . He was the one playing with fire. His tag team with Palumbo was terrible too.

well,i don't condone his actions or make allowances for him simple because he is a wrestler i enjoyed watching. He is a nasty piece of work and a bully but it's rough nonetheless if he has been left with impaired vision because of this. He should feel chastened after this anyway. I mean he couldn't cut it in MMA- got knocked out inside two rounds in each fight of his i saw and now gets badly injured by one punch from a guy who was physically much smaller than him.

Just to update this, from PWInsider.com:
    Former WCW and WWE star Sean O'Haire has been charged with felony high and aggravated assault and battery for the brawl that left him with numerous injuries outside of the Hilton Head Brewing Co. O'Haire is currently being held at the Beaufort County Detention Center awaiting prosecution.

The other combatant in the incident, Juan Hamilton Brantley, is also being held on charges ofhigh-and-aggravated assault and battery charges. Capt. Toby McSwain of the Beaufort County Sheriff's Office told the Hilton Head Island Packet, "It's a little surprising that the court has issued warrants to both of them, but I guess the judge listened to both sides of the story and couldn't determine who the primary aggressor was.

O'Haire's version of the story is that he was attacked by Brantley and two others when trying to help a friend. Brantley claims O'Haire attempted to start fight with him inside the bar and was kicked out. Brantley claimed to authorities that O'Haire had previously threatened him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

For starting the fight, i'll agree with you there. He made a horses ass out of himself. O'Haire tried for the MMA route the minute he was released from WWE and quite frankly, i don't think he can cut it.

Tag team wise, Palumbo isn't exactly great either, but his tag team with Jindrak in WCW was pretty decent, too bad they only had a few months of a run before the company filed for bankrupcy. WWE felt Jindrak wasn't ready for the Invasion angle so he got lumped with Palumbo.

O'Haire could have had a decent run i think, but being stuck as Piper's lackey just killed his return afterwards.

VR!

Advertisement