Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installing Vista Ultimate

• 06-04-2007 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

I have Vista Home.I want to install Vista Ultimate which i have on a CD. I entered the CD into my drive and tried booting by hiting F12, b ut it just boots back to my desktop.

I thought it would boot up and give me the option to formatt C: drive and install Vista ultimate.

I know im doing something wrong, anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Enright

try f2 or watch the screen a the pc loads, it will instruct you to hit a button to enter start up. In start up select boot order, change the priority to ensure that d; drive is higher that c: harddrive
    then re boot with vista in the cd rom and it should give you the option to boot from the cd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

I tried that already, but it wont give me the option to change drive in BIOS. I selected Boot option??

The mind boggles :confused:

The BIOS shows hard-drive, CD-Rom but when you select them or that it does not give you any option to change boot options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Are you sure the disc is bootable ?

Vista comes on DVD not CD though there are some CD versions you can download from MSDN if you are a member.

Do you have a DVD drive ?

If you put the disc in the drive inside Windows does the installer come up on screen ?

I got it installed last night. I just wasn't pressing F12 quick enough at the start. The CD was a bootable, works no probs. Just having problems with installing a printer/scanner. I'm having hours of fun tho :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement