Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phpbb install Sql et all

Options
  • 06-04-2007 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am creating a site that will have a phpbb forum, I have tried using 2.0 & 3.0beta but keep running into problems with the database bit...I am trying to run the forum from my local machine first so that when it comes to upload time everything is working, I am trying to use SQLite as a test and am using WAMPP as the local server...Anyone have any idea's or should I wait till I get hosting with SQL and finish it then...also is SQL on a server hard to configure with a setup?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

if you get an apache hosting account mySql will be part of the package, very easy to add a database and configure. Most good hosting companies as www.blacknight.ie have a help & faq that will help you along the way.

You should try installing mySql local if you want to run it on your computer, but you'll be better off checking things on the server, as the setup and configuration will be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Software_and_Servers/Installation_Kits/index.html

You can use one of those to get a local test environment running.

Once you've created the database and associated user / pass the phpbb2 installer should handle everything else

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

cheers Blacknight...got it working now on local...

Advertisement