Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is bowling so expensive?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭mac_attack

Thats the one, thanks george. They say its a special but its been like that since it opened and its on peak too!

Nah I think the price changed when Funtasia opened up last year. Duno what the old price was asumming 30euro though. But I do recall a rudy great big sign appearing outside advertising its cheap rate and me having a hmm moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Was in LeisurePlex Blanchardstown on Sunday morning. It was €44 for an hours bowling. Wasn't going to pay that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

kc66 wrote: »
    Was in LeisurePlex Blanchardstown on Sunday morning. It was €44 for an hours bowling. Wasn't going to pay that.

Thats unreal. Swines!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

kc66 wrote: »

Whoa!! That's expensive!
    Interestingly most centres in the UK book lanes per game rather than per hour!

In Norwich you get unlimited bowling for £6 on weekdays before 6 PM :)

After 6 PM it's £9 for two games plus a choice of drink from the bar Mon-Fri!!

Where I bowl is £9.90 for two games and I get every 7th game free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 len81

I know this thread is old skewl and if this is of any help to anyone! Sorry if it aint!

http://www.onoffer.ie/aspx/search.aspx?keyword=leisureplex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

Leisureplex league bowlers get vouchers for 20 euro an hour which is fine! Anything over 20 an hour is bad. Luckily im a league bowler there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

Oh that 5er a game special is over at leisureplex. :( Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Braybowl is €6 for 2 games which isn't bad.Not sure of the hourly prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

I brought the kids up to Drogheda Bowl las week. 2 kids were €2 each and I was €4.50 for 1 game. Or €15 for the hour. Hard to beat that price. Leisureplex was always known for being an expensive spot. League bowlers in my opinion should only be paying league prices at all times. The sport is expensive enough as it is..

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

Anyone know if theres a proper league in Blanchardstown, hope the prices have gone down for the hour these days what with the recession and all and more people with lots of free time on them these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

nachoman wrote: »
    Anyone know if theres a proper league in Blanchardstown, hope the prices have gone down for the hour these days what with the recession and all and more people with lots of free time on them these days.

There should be proper leagues in Blanch and yes, bowling in a league is usually cheaper than bowling outside a league. In the league you don't pay by the hour you pay a set price for the number of games.

In my league it's £11.50* for three games :)

*I'm in the UK, hence the £ sign

Advertisement