Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Petite traduction

• 06-04-2007 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Comment dit on "contre expertise" en anglais s'il vous plait ?

Disons qu'un consultant fait une proposition technique et moi je voudrais donner mon avis sur sa proposition afin de verifier que ses conseils sont effectivement les meilleurs possible, dans l'interret du client.

Merci

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭hibby

You know, I'm very familiar with situations such as the one you describe and I'm not aware of any English phrase for this concept. You could perhaps refer to an "expert opinion" or simply a "technical recommendation" on the consultant's proposal, depending on your exact role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

hibby wrote:
    You know, I'm very familiar with situations such as the one you describe and I'm not aware of any English phrase for this concept. You could perhaps refer to an "expert opinion" or simply a "technical recommendation" on the consultant's proposal, depending on your exact role.

I see thanks.

Maybe I could use this exact French expression. When I reading Irish or English press I am surprised about the amount of French words or expressions being used.

The concept of "contre expertise" is not "expert opinion" or "technical recommendation" directly. It implies these of course but as a second level/step.

The idea is that a consultancy company or consultant will write a technical proposal, such as recommendations about Windows Active Directory deployment/migration and the idea is to involve a second company just to review this proposal and give a neutral opinion about the proposal itself.

In France, "contre expertise" are very often used in tribunals to make sure a doctor for example analysis/opinion is shared/agreed by other practitioner before a judge takes a decision.
    So basically a decision has to rely on several experts opinions instead of one.

This is the idea of the "contre expertise".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

A bit late to the fore as usual, but if it is still timely:

[FR] contre expertise = [EN] second expert opinion

Salutations,
    ambro25 :)

Advertisement