Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 portal on k610im

• 06-04-2007 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Sony Ericsson K610im. A i wasting my time trying to connect to the 3 portal on it? Will it work on the imode handset even when I put the settings in?

Anyone who's tried it successfully?

Cheers

++ edit ++

I'm using these settings, or trying to anyway ..
    web settings
    connection name:3
    data bearer: packet data
    access point name:3ireland.ie
    user name:none
    prompt password:no
    password:default/blank (i think. i never entered one anyway)
    authentication:normal
    homepage:http://mobile.3ireland.ie/hb/HutchKey

advanced settings:
    network type:ipv4
    phoner ip address automatic
    name servers: automatic
    proxy server address:none
    proxy port number:0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I am afraid you are wasting your time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I am afraid you are wasting your time.
    Fantastic! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

There is a glimmer of hope: you may be able to flash it with standard K610i firmware. Worth looking into perhaps, though I am not even sure if it is possible either. It would be the only way to get the phone working properly on 3, though, as they do not do i-mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I-Mode is built into the phone. You can't manually change any internet settings. Loads of places online can flash it though through a PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You can add new internet profiles in the menu, whether they work or not is another issue I guess.

I'm gonna sell the phone ... screw it :D

Thanks for the feedback lads, will let you know if I have any luck anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Why dont you go to www.wotanserver.com,only cost 7yoyo's via paypal,and only took a few mins...well worth it.did it to my k800i,v800 and my sis's k610im

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I honestly don't understand the big deal about iMode, it's no different from WAP 2.0 in terms of feature set.

When wap's implemented well e.g. on 3 or Vodafone (Meteor's lousey!) the end product is as good, if not better, than iMode.

Can't really see what all the O2 fuss is about.

There was a big difference between WAP 1.0 and iMode, but that gap's long since filled!

Advertisement