Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running shoe recommendation

Options
  • 07-04-2007 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Could someone recommend me a decent pair of running shoes. I'm taking part in a 10k run next week so need something decent under my feet. In general I do all my running in the gym so I got away with a crappy 2 year old pair. I've heard Asics are the best. I'm willing to spend up to €120 but obviously don't mind paying less :D Bear in mind I also need these for rowing and cycling in teh gym.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Hi qBot,

Theres no single answer thats right. If you want a recommendation of running shoes geared to your type of running style I would recommend you call into the Amphibian King shop on the outskirts of Bray. They look at your running style on the computer before looking at it again in a pair that should be fit for purpose. Personally I wear asics - whethers its gel kaytanos, or 2100s. Others would evangelise about the merits of other brands. This shop would be a good starting point.

Regards,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Cheers Slogger, however i'm not in Dublin this weekend so can't get to Bray. I was reading about that shop in another thread actually, sounds interesting. I think I might go with the 2100's, your the second person to recommend them.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Eventually went with a pair of Kayano's..

Advertisement