Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestler's Real Names

• 07-04-2007 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Umaga - Eddie Fatu
    Shawn Michaels - Michael Hinningbottom
    Triple H - Jean Paul Levesque
    CM Punk - Phillip Brooks
    Eugene - Nick Dinsmorre
    Bobby Lashley - Franklin Lashley
    Mr.Kennedy - Ken Anderson
    MVP - Antonio Banks
    Gregory Helms - Shane Helms
    Chavo Guerrero - Salvator Guerrero
    Batista - Dave Bautista
    Undertaker - Mark Collaway
    Kane - Glen Jacobs
    Carlito - Carlos Colon Jr.
    Booker T - Booker Huffman
    Finlay - Dave Finley
    Sabu - Terry Brunk
    Hornswoggle (Little Bastard) - Dylan Postl
    Great Khali - Dalip Singh
    Edge - Adam Coppland
    Victoria - Lisa Marie Varon
    Melina - Melina Perez
    Maria - Maria Kanellis
    JTG - Jayson Paul
    Shad - Shad Gaspard
    Candice Michelle - Candice Beckman

Just Thought You Would Like to Know

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

What the hell is google?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

google is a search website

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

I wonder what Ken Kennedys real name is??? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I don't see much point in knowing wrestler's real names, but I can tell at a glance that a lot of those are spelt wrong, so they aren't their real names

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

Fozzy wrote:
    I don't see much point in knowing wrestler's real names, but I can tell at a glance that a lot of those are spelt wrong, so they aren't their real names
    Either that, or the OP wasn't sure how to spell the names

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've heard that most wrestlers don't like to be called by their real names by fans, I think Mr. Levesque got a bit annoied before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Billy Gunn's real name is my pesonal favourite, Monty Sopp.
    It does look like he copied and pasted the names so I don't think the spelling mistakes are his fault!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

my fave is Test...............Andrew Test Martin

he changed his name by deed-poll coz WWE owned the name Test, so now he can legally call himself Test outside the WWE

here are a few more names - check out Jeff Hardy's middle name!!!

Shelton Benjamin - Shelton Albert Benjamin
    Lance Cade - Lance Morgan Cade
    Carlito - Carlos Colon Jr
    John Cena - John Felix Anthony Cena Jr
    Ric Flair - Richard Morgan Fliehr
    Charlie Haas - Charles Davis Haas Jr
    Jeff Hardy - Jeff NERO Hardy
    Chris Masters - Christopher Mordetsky
    Johnny Nitro - John Hennigan
    Super Crazy - Francisco Pantoja Islas
    Val Venis - Sean Morley
    Viscera - Nelson Frazier Jr
    Jonathan Coachman - John Coachman
    The Boogeyman - Marty Wright
    William Regal - Darren Matthews
    Scotty 2 Hotty - Scott Garland
    MVP - Antonio Banks
    Rey Mysterio - Oscar Gutierrez
    Tommy Dreamer - Thomas Laughlin
    Rob Van Dam - Robert Szatkowski
    Sandman - Jimmy Fullington
    Kelly Kelly - Barbie Blank
    Roddy Piper - Roderick Toombs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

You'd think Barbie Blank would be a great name for a superstar/wrestler. Better than Kelly Kelly, anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Barbie Blank is the perfect description of Kelly Kelly :)

• Advertisement

If you're looking for the best real name for a wrestler, then it has to be the Ultimate Warrior's real name: Warrior

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I'd love it if HBK changed his in-ring name to his real name

''Making his way to the ring....The Heartbreak Kid......... Michael Hickenbottom!'' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Funny story about Bret Hart, he was training these young guys and said "When I'm in the ring, I'm Bret 'The Hitman' Hart, when I'm out of the ring, I'm Bret 'The Hitman' Hart", he then pointed at HBK and said "See him, when he's in the ring he's 'HBK Shawn Michaels' but when he's out of it, he's Michael Hickenbottom!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

Dean820 wrote:
    Funny story about Bret Hart, he was training these young guys and said "When I'm in the ring, I'm Bret 'The Hitman' Hart, when I'm out of the ring, I'm Bret 'The Hitman' Hart", he then pointed at HBK and said "See him, when he's in the ring he's 'HBK Shawn Michaels' but when he's out of it, he's Michael Hickenbottom!"

genius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

Dean820 wrote:

thats good. funny. Bret the hitman hart was a funny guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Boomer23 wrote:

Viscera - Nelson Frazier Jr

HAHA of course Vis real name would have to be nelson , its a big guy name:D

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Boomer23 wrote:
    William Regal - Darren Matthews
    Did you hear on RAW a week ago, Jerry Lawler referring to him as Steven Regal whe he got thrown out? If theres one guy whose name gets mixed up by the announcers from time to time it's him.

Did you hear on RAW a week ago, Jerry Lawler referring to him as Steven Regal whe he got thrown out? If theres one guy whose name gets mixed up by the announcers from time to time it's him.

It probably doesn't help that there was another Steve Regal, who Lawler would have wrestled in the past

I wonder what Ken Kennedys real name is??? :eek:

his real name is Ken Anderson, if you watched heat before he debuted, was Mrrrrrrrrr Anderson ................. Anderson .

Then Vince thought first thing people will think is he is related to Arn or Ole .So the name was changed to Kennedy ,( Vinces middle name )

Funny thing was when i hear Mr Anderson , the first thing i thought was the Matrix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

his real name is Ken Anderson, if you watched heat before he debuted, was Mrrrrrrrrr Anderson ................. Anderson .

Then Vince thought first thing people will think is he is related to Arn or Ole .So the name was changed to Kennedy ,( Vinces middle name )

Funny thing was when i hear Mr Anderson , the first thing i thought was the Matrix.
    he used it on velocity not heat,i remember just flicking through the channels and i left velocity on and he asked for a mic and i didn't know what the F*ck he was doing he told chimel to get out of the ring next thing i heard was MISSSSTERRRRRRR ANDERSON.............Anderson!!!!,next week he debuted on SD! and he anonced it as MR.Kennedy........Kennedy,i thought the next week he was going to call himself something else lol

• Advertisement

That's actually where he got the Mr thing from. I heard an interview with him where he said that when he started out in OVW, Lance Storm would call him Mr Anderson, and he thought it'd be good for his character

Advertisement