Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Simon Delany (bachelors walk) every second radio ad

• 07-04-2007 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

What is it with this guy and radio ads, it seems like he features in every second ad on radio, from meteor to pet insurance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

He has to make a living too y'know... I've heard more irritating voices on the radio than his. Like the other Batchelors Walk guy who does the myhome.ie ad... now there's an irritating voice for ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭sudzs

radioman wrote:
    He has to make a living too y'know... I've heard more irritating voices on the radio than his. Like the other Batchelors Walk guy who does the myhome.ie ad... now there's an irritating voice for ya

"Fakey wakey websites..." :mad: :mad: :mad:

Almost as annoying as Simon Delaney doing the Airport Duty Free ad in that put-on lighter version of his own voice....

..we still know it's you Simon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

sudzs wrote:

Almost as annoying as Simon Delaney doing the Airport Duty Free ad in that put-on lighter version of his own voice....

..we still know it's you Simon!

Fakey wakey accents perhaps...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Think you might mean Don Wycherley who played Raymond in the show, as opposed to Simon Delaney? Don does a lot of V/O's alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Radio ads in this country suck!
    radioman wrote:
    Like the other Batchelors Walk guy who does the myhome.ie ad... now there's an irritating voice for ya

Funny, sounded like Packie O Callaghan to me (Charlie McGreevy in Bull Island etc) doing the myhome ads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Think you might mean Don Wycherley who played Raymond in the show, as opposed to Simon Delaney? Don does a lot of V/O's alright!

All 3 of them do, have a listen to the mcdonalds ad's next time, the waster (barry??) does their voiceovers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

http://www.voicebank.ie/

"Don Wycherley

Distintive vocal quality"

I'll say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah, it baffles me how he gets voice-over work. It really does. He actually slurs his speech.

As for the OP's concern: what is the world coming to? Somebody can do something well and gets paid for it so he grabs whatever opportunity he can. Earning as much money as possible because he's an actor and there's not always a lot of work for actors - what a cheek that Simon Delany has. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

there are two children called wycherley on that site as well - looks like it's a dynasty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Barney from Paths to Freedom ( Darragh Kelly) does a sizable proportion of radio ads too. About 45% of all ads on Today FM one friday in December (I had nothing better to do.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

people have to put food on the table ye know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

James Nesbitt seems to do a fair few aswell, surely he cant be short of afew bob!

James Nesbitt seems to do a fair few aswell, surely he cant be short of afew bob!

Isn't there a James Nesbitt sound-alike doing an ad at the moment..??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

descry wrote:
    people have to put food on the table ye know!

How much do you think he'll charge for recording my voicemail message?

Big Tone wrote:
    Funny, sounded like Packie O Callaghan to me (Charlie McGreevy in Bull Island etc) doing the myhome ads.

Similar speech-slurring style all right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

sudzs wrote:
    Isn't there a James Nesbitt sound-alike doing an ad at the moment..??
    First I heard of it, who would have thought impersonating James Nesbitt's voice would pay the bills, what am I doing in college! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Genghis

Speaking of sound-a-likes, I have heard 'Terry Wogan' promoting the odd provincial business or two - surely it isn't the real thing?

Genghis wrote:
    Speaking of sound-a-likes, I have heard 'Terry Wogan' promoting the odd provincial business or two - surely it isn't the real thing?

Yes...he does one for Wogans Interiors!

And no, it isn't the real thing.

Think it's Gerry Wilson (used to be a 2FM jock), who sounds like Wogan anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Slicklink

Well if thats true then Dermot Magennis is on every other second TV and Radio advert!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Heheh what a knob just saw IMDB it says he was a guest on Celebrity Who Wants to Be a Millionaire - emm no it was the normal Joe Soap one because he was a nobody! Bet he put that in himself.

Advertisement