Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1280 by 1024 xbox 360 vga

• 07-04-2007 4:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

Ok I was just wondering
    is there any way of getting rid of the massive borders when playing games on a monitor at 1280 by 1024 resolution?

Thats my native resolution for my monitor and Ive an lcd monitor.

Are there any updates that will solve this problem?

I heard of some letterbox zoom thing but don't really know I think its only for films correct me if Im wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

If you set your display resolution to 1280*720 it should stretch to full screen but it looks terrible. But those borders are there to keep the game in the correct aspect ratio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Yes I was doing that on Gears of War playing at 1280 by 720 cos I preferred the elongated look to the letterboxed squashed short and fat look.
    (cant get the update for GOW cos I dont have and cant get broadband)

VGA cable support on xbox 360 is kinda rubbish for people with these kinda monitors as far as Im concerned cos I dont like an entire half of the screen being taken up by black borders.

quinnd6 wrote:
    VGA cable support on xbox 360 is kinda rubbish for people with these kinda monitors as far as Im concerned cos I dont like an entire half of the screen being taken up by black borders.
    Then set it to 1280*720 and if you want the bars just set it to 1280*1024 :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

go into the display settings and set it to 1300 x 768 or whatever that widescreen res is, and chenge display to widescreen in settings, even if your monitor isnt widescreen, youll get a fullscreen picture that looks grand, i used to do it on my 1280 x 1024 monitor, rather than have a tiny pic with massive borders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Ok cheers guys.
    Got another question though.
    What kind of adaptor should I get so that I can have xbox 360 and my pc connected to my monitor at the same time?

Whats it called?
    Where would I get it?
    Would it deteriorate the picture?
    How much would it cost?

• Advertisement

You will need either a VGA switch or a KVM. I got an ancient one for about €10 in maplin's but there should be loads of them cheap on ebay.

Advertisement