Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband - No incoming calls

Options
  • 07-04-2007 7:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have Ericom Wireless Broadband set up but I can't receive incoming calls on the landline. When I test it calling from my mobile there is a ring tone but no actual ringing from the phone.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

have you checked your inline dsl filters.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If you have used a UK/BT phone without a proper UK socket to Irish plug, with "ringing capacitor" in it, then the phone or fax will never ring.

Argos hand them out free when you buy a phone device of them. Avoid cheaper adapters without capacitor and changing the whole cable to one with an Irish (RJ11) plug at both ends might not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

stanley1 wrote:
    have you checked your inline dsl filters.

switched back to my old filter that came with the cable broadband and it works fine. cheers

Advertisement