Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweet Oblivion - new FREE alternative/indie club night in Cork city

Options
  • 07-04-2007 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hey folks,
    just to let ye know a brand new indie/alternative club has launched at Cyprus Avenue. It's on Saturdays from 11.30pm - 2am and it's FREE so you've no excuse not to go! You don't have to go to the bands beforehand to go to it, but if you do you can simply hang on to enjoy the music. Aoife B (ex-Campus Radio, Beautiful Maladies) and Chad (ex-Freak FM) are the djs bringing you the likes of Postal Service, Broken Social Scene, the Smiths, the Cure, CSS and many many more....
    www.myspace.com/clubsweetoblivion
    4378fhk.jpg

it's on tonight after the Warlords of Pez gig so bring your dancing shoes along at 11.30pm to Cyprus Avenue on Caroline St!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

sweet thanks for the heads up sounds like it promises a good night ill be there dancing shoes and bells and everything. beats my usual perch in the brog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sweetoblivion

Great! :) spread the word - the more the merrier! Come up and say hello if you want. Warlords of Pez are on first but when they're finished it's free in! (11.30pm or so)
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

Fair play to ye! Looking forward to it.

brilliant night had by all i managed to bring along will be there next week def again.free is always a good thing. thanks gain for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Would be good except I refuse to go out on Saturday nights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Kold wrote:
    Would be good except I refuse to go out on Saturday nights.

i must admit Saturday nights are usually rubbish in town and full of mullockers, but this is an excellent night and you should try it once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Sounds great! Particularly the free part!
    Where exactly is Caroline St? I've never heard of it....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Round the corner from the Old Oak. Near Scoozis. I want garlic bread.

chuci wrote:
    brilliant night had by all i managed to bring along will be there next week def again.free is always a good thing. thanks gain for the heads up

hey chuci I'm really glad you had a good time :) yay! that makes me really happy knowing you went along and had a ball. Seriously do come up and introduce yourself, unless you did on the night?
    It's always free in after the bands, so come one, come all for a great alternative Saturday night :) we have pink fairy lights and lollipops and the djs take turns dancing, ha ha!

Faerie wrote:
    Sounds great! Particularly the free part!
    Where exactly is Caroline St? I've never heard of it....

the entrance is next to the side entrance to the Old Oak :)

• Advertisement

i was the one who tried to re enact the lift in dirty dancing with my friend and we both fell flat on our faces. it felt like everyone saw us.you dont live in the zoo do you?and do promos for freak scene?aoife?

ha ha! oh i missed ye falling over, ha!
    I'm Aoife B, I worked on the door at Freakscene many years ago for about two nights but I don't do promo for them, i've been a regular there for many years :) if you go onto the myspace for the club you'll see my own myspace :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭cathald

Ahh...will miss it, will be away on holidays!:(

ah don't worry it's on every saturday night!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Sounds good, might have to go back on my promise of not going out Saturday nights...

Probably not untli after exams though.

so will i be seeing a few more people there tonight its well worth giving into your ban on not going out on a sat night

this was brilliant the other night after the 65daysofstatic gig.
    i dont think i ever heard Slint or Dream Theater in a club before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Any pics?

I prefer alternative music to METAL but I really wish there was some goth rock in that list. Purgatory does "some" but not very often, goth rock is a lot more "alternative" than "metal" so it's a shame you're not doing it. I think if someone introduced some Bauhaus it would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Is it on this Saturday? I heard Exit Pursued By A Bear were putting on a charity gig in the Cruiscin.

its every saturday after any gig in cyprus avenue

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭roberta c

is it over 21's by chance? you cant go out anymore these days unless your 21!
    unless of course you want to go the savoy....:rolleyes:

Advertisement