Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Update in May, vid out

• 07-04-2007 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭

So anyone else watched the video of features in the spring update? (on kotaku.com)

Looks legit nuff to me. Doesn't cover all the features just some big ones.
    It does say its due at the start of may, though the lad speaking during it doesn't sound quite right, as said by a few on kotaku.

The marketplace blade is a good idea, and background downoading i.e. when you power it off, it stays on on a low power setting until the files finish downloading. Dunno what he's talking about with no fans, not a hope in hell that would work.

The messenger addition isn't much use imo. Would be a pain if someone was i.m.'n you while playing a game.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,224 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

• Releases May 7th.
    • Add up to 600 Windows Live Messenger contacts to your Friends List.
    • Text chat with up to 6 Live Messenger contacts at once during games or movies.
    • The Marketplace will be getting its own Dashboard Blade.
    • The Marketplace will be skinned independently of the Dashboard, for special events.
    • The Marketplace will be getting a new, easier-to-navigate remake.
    • Achievement Pop-ups will now display how many points and which Achievement you have gained.
    • Low-power downloading (fans off) and auto-off after finishing queued downloads.
    • View partially downloaded video files.

Leaked by Gamespot according to MyGamerCard.net.

The Live Messenger stuff doesn't interest me at all. The marketplace could do with reorganisation I suppose. The achievement thing just saves you pressing a button. The auto-off/low-power downloading will be handy. And being able to view partially downloaded video is a good idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Market place needed it's own blade I think. Add ons are all good to me.

Still I would like a Internet browser too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

The Internet browser is he xbox's holy grail all right.
    It'll happen eventually, we all just have to be patient I suppose.
    Still, it's a fairly handy update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Why do you need an internet browser? You have a PC.

Seriously, having both a Wii and a PS3, I can say that I will never use the browser on either as it's just easier with a PC.

Advertisement