Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bike shops in Cork?

Options
  • 07-04-2007 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Can anyone recommend any good bike shops in Cork?
    Thanks in advance.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Douglas Cycles Talk to Brian he is the ownwer and a legend when it comes to bikes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kookaburra

Thanks .I'l check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I'm based in Dublin but I actually travel to Cork in order to see Liam in Cycling pursuits. He's a cyclist and coach himself and what I love is that he researchs equipment and doesn't sell you stuff that you don't need or won't make you faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭roadmanmad

Douglas Cysles
    North Gate Bridge
    Midleton
    Ballincollig(west end)
    Victoris Cross

Cahills - Banteer I am not sure if they are still trading.

No matter where you buy, satisfy yourself that the service and reparir expertise is there. Aftersales service is the key component of buying a road bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭aodhu

what are you looking for? somewhere to buy a bike? gear? get a service? I'd go to Douglas cycles for the good stuff, or Kilgrews for some of the less expensive stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kookaburra

I'm looking fo a bike shop with good range and good selection of bikes because I am hoping to buy a bike for recreational use.I am looking for a cork equivalent to the shop cycleways in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

As i said go to Douglas Cycles Brian there will sort you out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ipodking

Also the guy who owns Victoria Cycles his brother has a shop in Carrigaline.

I have never been but heard it is good.

If you are really into racing bikes there is a shop in Carrick on Suir which is supposed to be the best in Munster

Hope this helps
    Noel

Advertisement