Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Portable Radios with integrated Mp3/USB support

• 07-04-2007 1:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭

So, what's the deal with these kind of radios? The argos catalogue is littered with them, and they would suit me greatly, but there are absolutely no technical details to be found about support, compatibility, compatible bitrates etc.

I presume you use an external hard drive which plugs into the radio?

How should the drive be formatted? Is there an upper limit on the size of the hard drive/flash drive that can be used?

When I google for info on these things I only get multitudes of kelkoo-dealtime-ciao clones. And I can find absolutely nowhere which recommends one portable radio over the others. Could someone please help??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

*bump*

Final bump for this. The birthday for which it's intentioned is coming up shortly. Can anyone help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I assume its like the majority of radios with the same support for mp3/usb devices.

The firmware within the radio will sence what data is on the device and read the track listing from it then.

Tech details depend on the make/model of the radio and then price range too.

The radios which have this are mainly to be found in the Argos catalogue. As can be guessed, they're a bit lacking in details. But when I go to search on the internet, it seems even the manufacturers have no details about them. The price range of these all seem to be similar, they all say the same thing. "mp3 playback through USB".

If there was even some website/forum which is dedicated to radios and hi-fi systems etc., it would be of some help.

Thanks for the reply anyway spankeh.

Advertisement